Lead Civil / Structural Engineer
This full-time permanent opportunity is working within a innovative team in a crucial position delivering a world-class copper and gold deposit in Mongolia .
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
As a Lead Structural Engineer you will:
- Manage discipline design section for specific projects to ensure that designs are in accordance with project time, budget and technical requirements
- Provide coaching and guidance to less experienced staff to increase technical expertise of people, as well as knowledge of systems and procedures
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables of the discipline design section in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Be responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc
- Set man-hour budgets for engineering and drafting and recommend engagement of additional manning as required
- Monitor the progress and performance of project discipline teams. Give input and provide feedback and support where necessary
- Review feasibility studies documentation and estimates
- Provide feedback to the Project Engineering Manager on design progress budget and schedule
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
Skills / Qualifications
To be successfully shortlisted, you will have 15 years of mining experience with commodities such as nickel, cobalt, copper, lithium and rare earths. You will also have worked in an engineering company and also have:
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering from a recognised institution
- Membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia (desirable)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Effective communication skills
- Abilty to effectively work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Understanding of Australian and common International standards and regulatory authority requirements in the relevant processing sector
Please note, only those with valid working rights in Australia will be considered. You will also ideally be based in Brisbane. If you have immediate plans to relocate to Queensland, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of standards and help us all have a great experience at work.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Design and Engineering
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Oil & Energy, and Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing