Key Holder – AUS
- About the Team****
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers and corporate responsibility.
The Senior Stock Assistant (known internally as a Key Holder) provides operational and daily support to the store management team.
We are currently looking for a Senior Stock Assistant (known within the company as a Key Holder), for our store located at the Outlet, Essendon, Victoria. This role has responsibility for receiving shipments and accurately maintaining inventory records. The Key Holder maintains stockroom and assists the sales team in replenishing sales floor after shipment or during recovery periods. This is a part time role of approximately 30hrs per week and where early morning shifts are required on delivery days.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Provide daily support to the management team by performing opening and closing routines, register functions and back office procedures when required
- Assist the management team to conduct warm-up and cool down (chat-in) meetings with associates and coach associates to productivity and performance
- Provide supervision to ensure store is meeting financial goals and associates are providing World-Class service to our guests
- Ensure store meets visual, replenishment, cleanliness, safety and back of house standards during manage- on-duty shifts
- Meet personal productivity targets and goals, while providing exceptional customer service to our guests with any special services including gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalogue orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
- Deliver Operational and WHS excellence through daily standards and inventory management
- Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy
- Perform projects and assignments as directed by the management team
- Assist the management team to oversee Back of House operational functions: receiving, shipping, inventory, management, stockroom organization and standards and markdown/markup execution
- Provide training and coaching expertise to associates in receiving, shipping, damages and inventory management
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We’re Excited About You Because…
- Love to provide world class customer service experiences
- Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box (shop keeper)
- Most successful when being held accountable to personal productivity goals
- Knowledgeable of store Back of House operational functions (shipping, receiving, inventory management)
- 1-2 years customer service experience with shift supervision experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience in stockroom responsibilities preferred (specialty retail preferred, but not required)
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills
- Proven ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples
- Ability to be active, standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting for extended periods of time, required throughout the work day
- Ability to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 45kg, while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
- Associates must be available for annual inventory (inventory (PI) is first week of February/or last week of January, with prep all throughout January) and entire holiday season (November and December).
- Weekend availability on a rotating roster (every second weekend).
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home.
In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck’s business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.
Today, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is one of the United States’ largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. Established in Australia in 2013, Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd. currently operates 20 retail locations and 4 e-commerce websites, and employs more than 350 people across corporate and retail operations.
Discover all you need for home from our four iconic brands: Pottery Barn Australia for timeless, exclusively designed furniture, decor and gifts; Pottery Barn Kids Australia for stylish, high-quality furniture and accessories for babies and kids; west elm Australia for modern home furnishings that are authentic, approachable, affordable and sustainably produced; and Williams Sonoma Australia for the finest cookware, food and entertaining essentials.
Sales and Business Development
Consumer Goods, Retail, and Hospital & Health Care