Junior Data Analyst
Liberty Latin America
What You´ll Do
- Designing and maintaining data systems and data views; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Document technical processes and solutions delivered.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Demonstrating the significance of their work in the context of local & national trends that impact both their organization and industry.
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Engage in project planning and delivering to commitments.
- Work with other developers to provide datasets which would drive Tableau views and SSRS reports.
- Partake in daily/weekly planning and review sessions.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Computer Science, Engineering or Statistics.
- 3+ years of SQL programming experience.
- 2+ years of ETL experience.
- Strong experience with SQL Server technologies (SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI).
- Ability to self-learn when provided data dictionary.
- Proven experience in designing error-free complex financial and operational models in Excel.
- Advanced English language professing.
- Desirable experience in companies in the telecommunications sector.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Demonstrable skills in database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles; able to translate object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints; ETL
- Good grasp of mathematics.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Advanced Excel domain.
- Ability to quickly understand business objectives and drive business models accordingly.
- Eloquently interpret results of their data mining findings, by visualization techniques & building data dashboards in Tableau.
- Excellent financial and analytical modeling skills.
- Strong presentation skills including:
- Construction of clear and impactful power point documents.
- Presentation skills for management levels.
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Information Technology and Services, Telecommunications, and Financial Services