Java Software Engineer
We are looking for our next great Java Software Engineer as we evolve and expand our team. We look for people who can explore, grow, think, dream, and create. When you join our team, you’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You’ll use your full range of skills to build great experiences and learn about how we are disrupting the Criminal Data and Information Supply Chain Industry by providing a single point of access that eliminates the cumbersome task of sourcing from multiple vendors.
RapidCourt is the leading provider of background screening data to Consumer Reporting Agencies in the United States.
We need people who thrive in an ever changing landscape and approach their role with drive and enthusiasm. You’ll be supported with the necessary tools, and you’ll be working with an awesome and like-minded team. Our teams are explorers, innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative.
Our Java Software Engineers work on the core logic of our transactional product suite. There are opportunities to work on API design, micro-services, transaction processing, vendor integrations and more.
As part of the RapidCourt Product Development team you will be focused on building new transactional products, migrating legacy systems, creating internal and external reporting tools. You will work closely with the product management team to build solutions for our customers.
- Build new features and products for RapidCourt, traversing the entire web stack from the backend database to the front end user experience
- Maintain and improve RapidCourt’s Internal and External REST API’s
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Demonstrate expertise in at least one or two areas where you can drive technology (e.g. REST Architecture, micro-services, API design, UX, infrastructure, DevOps, open source software, TDD)
- Building shared code, with an eye for developer experience – reusability, readability, modularity, documentation, etc.
- Use your technical skills and the ability to approach problems in a creative manner.
- Create value to RapidCourt clients through innovative problem solving and utilizing current digital transformation trends.
- Collaborate with applications owners/developers, stakeholders, and strategic partners during the process of building API solutions.
- Take ownership of problem resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with pre-prod and production services.
- Present status reports to clients and key internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to and/or lead teams and processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Who Do We Need?
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- High proficiency in Java 8+
- Experience with Maven, Jersey, and Spring Boot
- Experience with Version Control (git preferred, SVN acceptable)
- Creating and Integrating with External APIs (REST Experience a plus)
- Experience with Queueing & Messaging Architectures
- Experience with AWS Architecture & Cloud-Native Services
- Experience with TDD Design & Implementation
- Experience with Creating & Consuming Microservices
- SQL Basics (Querying, Calling Stored Procedures)
- Familiarity with MVC design patterns
- Experience with MongoDB
- Working with Elasticsearch
What you get:
- International US based company
- A collaborative environment
- Flexible working hours.
- Learning and development reimbursement allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage 100% paid for Employee and family dependents
- Added vacation Benefits – 5 extra days and flexibility
- Home office stipend
RapidCourt is disrupting the core address history, criminal and driver data industry by providing a single point of access that eliminates the cumbersome task of sourcing from multiple vendors. Rapid Courtis a leading provider of background screening data to Consumer Reporting Agencies in the United States.
Our parent company, Checkr, is disrupting the dormant background screening industry and building a global trust and safety platform. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy. We already host an elite roster of customers and partners including Uber, Instacart, Handy, Zenefits, iCracked, Caviar, and more. We are looking for highly talented teammates to help us continue our growth.
Equal Employment Opportunities at RapidCourt;
RapidCourt is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Themis believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
RapidCourt also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. RapidCourt commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history.
Nivel de antigüedad
Algo de responsabilidad
Tipo de empleo
Ingeniería y Tecnología de la información
Servicios y tecnologías de la información
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita cl.linkedin.com.