IT Application Support Engineer
What will you do?
The IT Application Support Engineer will be responsible for specialized 1st line application business support in the IT Production Support team, including writing MIS queries (SQL & DB2) and troubleshooting application software that carries out business operations.
What will make you successful in this role?
The following outcomes will be expected to be achieved by the IT Application Support Engineer:
- Writing MIS queries for users
- Evaluating and sifting user requests
- Responsible for specialized 1st line application support across Glacier systems
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Liaising with business and or technical representatives to ensuring the highest quality outcomes
- Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to the IT Production Support Manager.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Testing of production changes
Qualifications And Experience
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience in a support environment in the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SQL
- Business knowledge – Relevant practical experience in the financial services industry, preferably Unit trust or Linked product industry
- Previous experience working in dynamic support environment would be to your advantage
- Understanding of common software failures and faults
Qualification And Experience
Degree or Diploma with 4 to 6 years related experience.
Knowledge And Skills
IT process analysis and mapping
Business Requirements Definition
Process implementation, training and adherence
IT Operations and frameworks
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently
Decision quality – Contributing independently
Action orientated – Contributing independently
Optimises work processes – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
CLOSING DATE: 22 SEPTEMBER 2021
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Information Technology and Services, Insurance, and Financial Services