Island Maintenance Technician – Mechanic
Disney Cruise Line
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance and repair of mechanical and/or electrical equipment with specific focus in assigned trade; Operate a variety of equipment and machinery including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work. Interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches and work orders to effectively perform maintenance activities. Troubleshoot and repair of mechanical assemblies, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and providing maintenance in all phases of mechanical equipment on the island
- Maintains, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs industrial, residential, and commercial mechanical equipment and systems
- Calibrates, troubleshoots, repairs, installs, and maintains mechanical equipment and systems
- Promote a safe work environment; Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures)
- May provide lateral service to other departments
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- 3 to 4 years vehicle mechanic experience; Diploma or certificate supporting training as vehicle mechanic
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials common to the mechanic trade
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the mechanic trade
- Working skills in trouble shooting and repair of mechanical systems include gear box rebuild, bearing replacement and setting bearing pre-load, mobile drive systems, and lubrication fundamentals
- Ability to estimate time and materials needs
- This is a field service position that may include work from ladders, elevated platforms as well as working in confined spaces
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Management and Manufacturing
Construction, Oil & Energy, and Hospitality