Inside Sales Representative, Commercial
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Commvault is the world’s most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers’ businesses forward. We’re all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
The Inside Sales Representative at Commvault is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. This is a full sales cycle role that requires the successful candidate to hunt and find new prospects, work and upsell into existing install and drive and close the deals in the defined territories (list of accounts, zip codes, countries – depends on the region and the setup).
The Inside Sales Representative will also conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and other modern virtual presence technologies. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based upon the interactions with prospects.
The Successful candidate will have a proven track record of selling and closing deals directly with the customer and or with the downstream channel partners. They must have strong negotiation skills and have a challenger mentality to ensure that the deal closes at an acceptable level of value in line with the Commvault proposition.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Identify decision-makers within targeted leads to begin the sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing clients via telephone and email cross-sell and up-sell. Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales. Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable. Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
- Exceptional client service skills with a collaborative style, supporting internal and external clients, as needed
- Multi-tasking and time management skills to effectively work under deadline pressures
- Works independently and uses appropriate judgment in decision-making with a results-driven orientation
- Effectively works in a team-based environment with limited supervision, as well as independently to complete work duties
- Must comprehend, follow instruction, and effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
- Effective interpersonal and positive teamwork skills
- Effective problem-solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented and time management skills
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and courteous demeanour
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college/university in business, computer science or technology
- Understanding of Commvault products will be a big plus.
- Certifications in Microsoft Office, CISCO Network Systems, Autotask, SharePoint and/or other collaborative IT tools.
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry’s definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we’re furthest on the «completeness of vision» and highest on the «ability to execute.»
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault’s global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Computer Software and Information Technology and Services