Human Ressources Officer
We would love to work with you in our beautiful school campus in Gaborone, Botswana. You will be responsible for all school human resources related topics, including those linked to legal questions and immigration. You will work directly with the Head of School and remotely with the Enko Central HR team, based at Enko Education’s headquarters in Johannesburg. You will be required to act as a real business partner to the Head of School.
The Human Resources Officer will implement a wide range of HR processes in the school, in full alignment with the Standards & Practices of the Enko Education network, our Operating Manual, and our Mission and Values.
Your scope of activity will include:
- Talent acquisition
- Administration and process management of work permit procedures for expatriate employees; this includes in person follow up with different authorities
- Write job descriptions and advertisements
- Lead sourcing activities in order to attract the best talent
- Run recruitment processes
- Do screening interviews with applicants for a variety of positions in the school
- Recommend remuneration packages, in collaboration with HR at Central Office and the Head of School, and lead salary negotiations with selected candidates
- Coordinate the Enko Education onboarding process for all new employees at the school
- Employee life cycle management
- Send and follow up employment offers
- Follow up trial and probation periods
- Write and follow up employment contracts and amendments
- Ensure rigorous employee documentation management
- Collect variable payroll data and work with Central HR to ensure timely salary payment
- Incident management and recording
- Professional development
- Implement training and professional development strategy at the local level in cooperation with the Head of School, Learning & Teaching central leader and central HR
- Career & performance management
- Define Compensation & Benefit components to be proposed to the Head of School and Central HR
- Organise continuous training with all existing and new staff in the school on the use of scorecards and on performance management
- Lead the scorecard cycle execution and the annual performance review process in the school
- Manage the Pathmaker program, Performance Improvement Plans and any other development programmes in the school
- Legal compliance and litigation
- Maintain good relations with national labor institutions and follow up on required formalities
- Liaise with medical insurance schemes (e.g. BOMAID)
- Administration and process management of litigation or disciplinary procedures
- Employee administration
- Deliver employee admin documents such as invitation letters, employment certificates etc
- Respond to standard HR questions from employees in the school
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Are fluent in spoken and written English
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or Administration
- Have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a similar position
- Have a thorough knowledge of labour law and tax legislation in Botswana
- Are able to make intermediate analyses in order to support decision making for your manager
- Are combining a strong hands-on approach with a sincere interest in tactical and strategic work
- Are objective-driven and able to work autonomously under minimal supervision
- Are able to handle pressure with composure
- Are rigorous and organized, you know how to prioritize and multitask
- Share our excitement and understand the challenges of offering affordable international education in Africa
- Master Google Suite & Microsoft Office
The applicant must be legally authorized to work in Botswana. Knowing about Botswana’s education landscape is a plus.
Enko Education is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
About Enko Education
Young African talent is under-represented in the world’s best universities. In the United States alone, a census by UNESCO reveals 900,000 foreign students, of which only 31,000 originate from sub-Saharan Africa. Meanwhile, 100,000 students come from India, a country whose population size and GDP per capita are similar to that of the sub-Saharan region. This discrepancy is explained by the inadequacy of traditional education to prepare learners to enrol in such universities.
Enko Education is an Africa-wide fast-growing network of international schools, preparing learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities.
To that end, Enko Education develops an innovative education model relying on an internationally-recognized curriculum, such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. By adopting an asset-light strategy and relying on extensively trained local teachers, Enko Education operates with school fees which are on average a quarter of those charged by other international schools in Africa, thus enlarging drastically the population eligible to such quality education. Early results have been impressive as Enko learners have joined top universities like Yale University (USA), Sciences Po (Fr), University of Toronto (Canada), African Leadership University (Rwanda) and many more.
Enko Education has opened 13 schools in Senegal, Cameroon, Mozambique, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Botswana and South Africa and will now accelerate its development with an objective of running 60 schools in the next five years. World-renowned financing institutions, including Proparco (Groupe AFD), I & P, Oiko Credit and LiquidAfrica, support Enko Education’s ambition.
Powered by JazzHR
Primary/Secondary Education, Higher Education, and Education Management
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana