Remitly is looking for a driven and detail-oriented HR Specialist to join our growing team. Responsible for ensuring compliance and data integrity, this role will provide support in a proactive, professional, and thorough manner that allows the department to function smoothly.
What You’ll Do
- Respond to day-to-day employee inquiries regarding benefits, systems, and HR policies with a sense of urgency
- Effectively communicate HR procedures and policies to managers and employees in a consistent and accurate manner
- Own the new employee on-boarding process – confirming background checks, coordinating team and new hire schedules, inputting new employees into our HRIS, and leading the new employee orientation training
- Daily administration of benefits programs, including enrollment and troubleshooting and responding to employee inquiries. Direct contact with benefits broker and various carriers.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data entry into HR system. Responsible for the proper creation, safe-keeping, and maintenance of employee files. Perform routine audits to ensure compliance.
- Payroll ownership (partnership with finance, RTA, Ops), verify compliances of OT and manage deductions/incomes
- Stay current on national laws pertaining to benefits and employment, and suggest necessary changes and updates
- Complete employment verification and unemployment filings
- Support various HR projects and initiatives (performance feedback tool, open enrollment, etc)
- Manage off-boarding administration and communication with payroll and IT
- Handle different procedures with local government entities
- Contribute with employee engagement ideas and execution
Who You Are
- 2-3 years’ related experience. Related Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of national employment laws
- Understanding of benefit programs
- You have excellent communication skills (written and spoken), a professional demeanor, and a high regard for confidentiality
- You value providing outstanding internal customer support and have the ability to establish credibility and trust with business leaders and employees alike
- You have a knack for working cross-functionally and interfacing with IT, Recruiting, Finance, and Management
- Must have meticulous attention to detail with a track record of accuracy. Nothing gets by you
- You find checklists delightful, and leave no box unchecked
- You thrive on putting all the pieces together – communicating and working with all stakeholders involved
- You see roadblocks and take the initiative to solve them. You possess the ability to think creatively and strategically, and identify opportunities for improvements. You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- You have a proactive attitude geared towards continuous improvement and learning
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Slides) and MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience using HRIS systems. Implementation of new systems a plus.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Servicios y tecnologías de la información , Software y Servicios financieros
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ni.linkedin.com.