HR Manager Manufacturing
· Visits to factory floor regularly, interact with workers with the view to knowing their problems, be proactive and resolve issues that could lead to down tool by workers.
· Provides support for the review of CBAs by carrying out benefit surveys and participating in negotiations.
· Interprets HR policies and labor legislation to factory managers and supervisors.
· Manages staff leave, prepares annual leave plan, Monitors and enforce implementation of leave plan
· Staff file management, ensure completion, correctness and regular update.
· Prepares monthly human resources report
· Processes applications for loans, salary advances, and other benefits endorsed by supervisor and approved by factory manager.
· Prepares inputs for the monthly payroll.
· Vets pay vouchers prepared by the outsource agencies.
Organization & Jobs Structure
· Liaises with managers and supervisors and prepares job descriptions for newly created jobs and updates organization charts and existing job descriptions.
· Ensures staff appraisal are done for all staff members.
· Provides support to managers and supervisors in the completion of performance assessment forms.
· Gives input in the computation and communication of annual merit increases to employees.
Recruitment & Selection
· Maintains data bank of unsolicited applications from job applicants and keep track of candidates interviewed
· Sources cvs, shortlists applicants, and coordinates interview, selection and placement as required
· Liaises without sourced contractors for replacement or filling new vacancy as required.
· Prepares schedule and coordinates the orientation of newly engaged employees.
· Maintains and monitors staffing levels developed for the factory to ensure strict compliance.
Training & Development
· Liaises with managers and supervisors on the regular identification of training needs of employees.
· Prepares yearly training plans for GMP, Fire drill and Safety committee meeting sessions
· Organizes programmes to facilitate staff development.
· Organizes induction program for all categories of staff
Health & Safety
· Undertakes regular audit of the factory to ensure that health and safety standards and regulations are adhered to.
· Maintains record of all accidents and conducts investigations into accidents and submits reports on causes and preventive measures to factory management and Head of HR.
· Responsibility for general cleanliness & housekeeping of the factory and surrounding areas.
· Maintains contact with heads of units in the factory, Head of HR, and Corporate Office Accounts Department.
· Maintains contact with employment agencies, Labour union, training service providers and security agencies
Any other duties as required.