HR & Admin. Assistant (readvertised)
International Rescue Committee
Job Title: HR & Admin. Assistant (readvertised)
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to the HR & Admin. Officer, the HR & Admin. Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Urban Office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist generally in the human resource/recruitment activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files) for the IRC in Urban.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Draft and track of Staff Contracts/COS with the support of HR/Admin Officer.
- Prepare the IRC staff list monthly in liaison with the HR/Admin Officer Urban.
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruitment staff Urban Office.
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Maintain employee’s database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training tracking sheets.
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the HR & Admin Officer.
- Prepare monthly HR reports for Urban.
- Maintain the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
- In liaison with the HR and Admin Officer –South West, prepare monthly payroll information for staff and forward to the Country HR Lead for payroll processing in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Urban and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer prepare monthly cash projections for the Human Resources/Admin Department
- Ensures OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of work experience in performing similar duties.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
Please note: Deadline for receiving applications is September 2 nd 2021.
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
All staff, regardless of role, are required to create a culture of client responsiveness by requesting and using client feedback data to make decisions. In addition, all staff are expected to demonstrate inclusiveness when making programmatic decisions and working with clients, partners and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You can read more about the IRC’s commitment to client responsiveness here: https://www.rescue.org/resource/client-responsiveness-introduction-and-faq
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Nonprofit Organization Management, Human Resources, and Financial Services