High School Daily Substitute Teacher
The International School Nido de Aguilas
Position Name: High School Daily Substitute Teacher
Position dependence: High School Principal
Time commitment: As needed (usually from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm)
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certificate in teaching or substitute teaching preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong command of the English language.
- In-depth knowledge of effective teaching practices that ensure learning is a comfortable and meaningful experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexible and collaborative.
- Creative, critical thinker.
- Displays a positive attitude and uses it to promote the school.
- Is sensitive to and can support the social-emotional needs of high school students.
- Excellent human relations skills in order to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish warm, caring connections with children from a wide range of backgrounds and with a variety of learning needs.
School Core Values
- Engagement: Approach life and work with complete attention, involvement and curiosity with the responsibility to make a positive difference in the world
- Ingenuity: Exhibit creative problem solving through experimentation, collaboration, research, and play
- Adaptability: Being able to adjust and thrive in a complex, rapidly changing environment
- Generosity: Ability to treat others with empathy, kindness, and respect in both word and action
- Happiness: Demonstrate to pursue happiness as a life goal, with awareness that some of the journey will be difficult, requiring self-knowledge and fortitude.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and other specified duty areas.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance and document daily notes.
- Ensure classroom and work is kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students.
- Compile a short report for the teacher for when he/she returns.
- Working hours: as needed, from 7:30am – 3:30pm
Interested candidates should address their letter of interest in English along with their CV in English and reference list to: Fernanda Rivera ([email protected]), by 10th September. Please note that we will only consider materials submitted in English.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo