Head of IT Operations
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for an experienced Head of IT Operations to join our People Systems group, based in either Wellington, Auckland or Melbourne.
The People Systems team is responsible for Xero’s people technology solutions. These solutions are Xero’s internal facing systems servicing people, finance, legal, facilities, productivity, collaboration and core IT services, and as such are critical to ensuring our people can work efficiently and effectively. These solutions will enable, drive and report on our internal technology metrics and engagement.
This role is fundamental to the success of Xero as it will lead and grow the team that provides IT support services that ensures the smooth day to day operations across Xero. As Xero continues to rapidly grow and scale globally, this role will make an impact by growing and evolving the IT support services to match the increasing demand and requirements this brings in a cost efficient manner.
You will bring industry ITSM and technology thought leadership to challenge and innovate how we manage our IT support, drive operational efficiencies, and uplift our tooling and skills across the support team globally.
You will work closely with various business stakeholders to continually enhance the business value delivered by the IT Support team.
What you’ll bring with you:
- 5+ years operational experience of running a >4000 seat IT operations / service desk enterprise over a global geographically dispersed environment
- Experience in managing Operational IT budgets of ~$10M NZD
- Experience managing Operational Teams of more than 30+ Staff
- Demonstrated experience in creating Operational metric reporting & insights for the Exec management level
- Demonstrated experience in defining roadmaps and long term planning
- Knowledge in Okta, Google, Microsoft, Ticketing Systems ie: Zendesk
- Proven experience collaborating and building trust and effective working relationships, with stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Excellent engagement, interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and management skills
- Able to lead, build and motivate people and teams to deliver an amazing service
- Authentic leadership, with a diplomatic, open and effective communication style
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, growth and innovation mindset
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you’re after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority – Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services