Head Of Engineering
(TL;DR) Fast-growing startup seeking a Head of Engineering with a strong bias for action to help us help founders save on everything they buy.
Our platform continues to lower the barrier to entrepreneurship, promote economic mobility, and fundamentally change how companies are built.
Who we are:
Builtfirst enables every SaaS company to build its own App Store to drive revenue.
Our goal is to save buyers time and money by modernizing the way software is discovered and purchased and in the process build a new commercial infrastructure for how SaaS/services are sold.
We believe that we’ll lower the barrier to entry for entrepreneurship and make ti easier to build a company that lasts.
In 7 months, we’ve onboard 3000+ buyers, 150+ channel partners (venture capital firms, tech co’s, communities), and facilitated over 1000+ transactions that have saved up to 12 million.
About the role:
Builtfirst is seeking a Head of Engineering to help develop our marketplace’s infrastructure and improve configuration options in our partner’s instances.
You will be joining a small, but rapidly scaling engineering team and be responsible for 10 engineers.
You will have the opportunity to work with Builtfirst’s founders to grow the engineering team, shape our company culture, and drive an integral part of the BuiltFirst vision.
- Build the next generation software marketplace that equips founders globally to be more competitive and build sustainable businesses
- Lead back-end and front-end development efforts across a team of 10 engineers
- Maintain and advocate for internal standards through code review
- Manage project management tools (i.e. Jira)
- Work with agile methodologies
- Connect and support founders from around the world
- Work closely with the co-founders and executive team
- 7+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Subject matter expertise with cloud marketplaces or website building tools
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres and Mysql
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Travis and Github Actions (preferred)
- Experience with web frameworks such as React and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Heroku
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- A background as a prior company’s technical co-founder (preferred)
Builtfirst is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tipo de empleo