Head of Advertising and Marketing Technology
GroupM Australia & New Zealand
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. With 800 people based in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane, GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Choreograph™ is WPP’s global data products and technology company fueling growth for the world’s most admired brands. Powered by 700 technologists, product developers, and data scientists, it harmonizes data capabilities across GroupM and WPP into a suite of products that drive sustainable, data-enabled growth for our clients. With our commitment to “Data with Purpose. Fuel for Growth,” Choreograph creates better media, creative and marketing experiences, stronger brands, and trusted customer relationships. Discover more about Choreograph at www.choreograph.com.
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL:
As the Head of Advertising and Marketing Technology, you will play a leadership role, driving a clear vision and direction for AdTech and Martech capabilities in Australia.
You will be the key POC within the AdTech, Martech and Choreograph teams, supporting agencies and their clients on utilising data-driven solutions across collection, activation, analysis & measurement of media campaigns. You will lead the strategic planning of data & technology projects with our agency partners. You will help design, scope, and deliver right-fit consultancy and product solutions, leveraging the Technology and Analytics teams to support the implementation of your recommendations.
You will also have extensive partner management experience and a strong understanding of the changing landscape on identity resolution, data privacy, governance & ethics. You’ll work with the regional team on the design and delivery of training & enablement plans, coordinating regional technology project rollouts, and being an escalation point for market support.
3 BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB:
- Play a lead architect role in designing GroupM’s AdTech & Martech offering to clients. Be part of a high performing team focused on market leading technology, data, partners and platforms, a key strategic growth area for GroupM and WPP.
- Work in an environment that promotes freedom, flexibility, empowerment, and diverse working styles to solve real business problems across some of the most innovative brands in Australia.
- The opportunity to learn and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across GroupM agencies (Mediacom, Mindshare, Wavemaker, Essence), WPP sister agencies (Hogarth, AKQA, Wunderman Thomson) and business units in APAC.
REPORTING OF THE ROLE:
Chief Technology and Transformation Officer
Our Data Science & Technology Director and Data Analyst will have a dotted reporting line into this role. You’ll also operate in a fluid and collaborative environment working closely with the Head of Client Development, Product marketing leads and agency acceleration leads. Potential to grow the team following expansion of our privacy first data & technology business, Choreograph.
WHAT IT TAKES:
- Expert knowledge on the data, adtech and martech landscape and relevant topics within the industry
- Be a strategic problem solver, with the ability to understand client business challenges and develop creative, effective & measurable solutions
- Agile and collaborative approach to designing and developing capabilities with strong sales, business and commercial acumen
- High-level stakeholder management capabilities, who can influence a diverse range of teams and individuals
- Experienced trainer, having worked with marketing teams to deliver learning & development programs
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be comfortable presenting to clients if needed
- Strong data & tech partner management capabilities, with established relationships in place with key partners (e.g. Data on boarders, aggregators, panel providers, etc)
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, managing complexity and challenges
- Flexibility to work in a cross-functional team but also have the initiative to problem solve independently
- Candidates will have 7-10 years’ experience in digital advertising, digital analytics or a data & technology consulting role, with expertise around developing client data strategies (e.g. CRM, 1st party, 3rd party, CDP/DMP’s) for media activation.
- You will also have 3-5 years’ experience in a people leadership role, with the ability to cultivate constructive lateral relationships within GroupM and agencies alike.
- Experience in successfully initiating and deploying client projects including detailed scope of work preparation, resource identification, risk management, and reporting.
- Certification in at least two relevant advertising and marketing technology – GMP, Adobe, and Salesforce, Lifesight TTD (UID 2.0), InfoSum, Habu, LiveRamp (SafeHaven), Google OMNI
- Has a detailed knowledge and understands likely application of relevant advertising technology and identity platforms
- Willingness to acquire certification in all major technology platforms
- Ideally has experience in at least one programming language
- Knowledge of API fundamentals and core uses
- Strong sales experience, commercial and business acumen
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills
Advertising, Management, and Marketing
Marketing and Advertising