Head Financial Reporting Risk Governance & Controls
Responsible for an appropriate and sound control environment to enable reconciliation of all financial accounts in the bank
Accountability: Reconciliation of financial accounts
- Accountable for ensuring that the CVAP principles are adhered to across all financial accounts
- Monitor the overall control environment of the account balances, including an understanding around the design of front to back controls.
- Accountable for ensuring that all account substantiations have been completed in accordance with the Policy by the reconciler and reviewers.
- Develop, document and implement Account Ownership and Reconciliation procedures, where appropriate, for accounts as set out by the Policy.
- Accountable for ensuring that allocated account reconciler and reviewers have the appropriate knowledge to execute their responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring that all accounts have been reconciled / substantiated by the deadlines set for their Business Area
- Support the reconciler and reviewer in issue resolution and reviewing whether provisions are required.
- Accountable for ensuring that all control issues have been highlighted and communicated to the Financial Controller/Finance Director
- Accountable for ensuring that the reconciliation process has been completed within the Group timetable.
- Facilitate and prepare the monthly Balance sheet review meeting ensuring all arising action items are followed up and resolved.
- Submission of the monthly Items at Risk and any emerging risks in Finance to the Risk Control Forum
- Facilitate the appropriate classification of Balances not reconciled and Items at risk across the bank’s balance sheet while ensuring they have been fully provided for.
- Facilitate the accurate reporting and confirmation of fixed assets.
- Facilitate the accurate reporting and confirmation of Legal, Leave and Sundry operational provisions, and provide a secondary review of Finance accruals and reconciliations.
Accountability: Stakeholder Management
- Ensure effective and excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues in the department and the bank in general
- Engage senior managers and other staff in the bank to facilitate and escalate outstanding reconciliation issues.
- Manage queries from external stakeholders that relate to account reconciliations, such as external auditors and the regulators
Accountability: Risk Management control and Compliance
- Understand the appropriate policies & standards applicable to role.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) which are faced in the role thereby contributing to the adherence to the Group Risk and Control Framework.
- Ensure that practices and controls required by policies are communicated to all relevant colleagues
- Ensure that independent oversight, on a proactive basis takes place of the risk performance (including related control effectiveness) principal risks.
- Facilitate the regular risk assessment of the financial reporting risk in liaison with the Financial Controller.
- Maintaining procedures to monitor compliance with policies and any controls required by them
- Approve changes to the Supplier master list & confirmation of invoices.
- Facilitate elements of snap checks to check proper reconciliation across the business.
Accountability: Team Leadership/Management
- Provide leadership, line management & coaching to both the finance team and wider areas of the bank
- Support the Financial reporting teams when the need arises.
- Train and support to other areas of the bank to ensure they have sufficient knowledge regarding account ownership and reconciliation
- Proactive engage members of the bank’s senior leadership team committed to achieving success and providing support for colleagues.
Pursue your own personal development to increase job effectiveness
Bachelor Honours Degree: Accounting (Required)
Finance and Sales
Banking and Financial Services