Head, Accounting and Finance
Firmus Advisory Ltd
JOB TITLE: Head, Accounting and Finance
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
- BSc Accounting/ Master’s Accounting/ ACCA or
other equivalent Professional Certification in relevant field. Minimum of
5 years’ experience in a similar position.
The incumbent is responsible for preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural structures.
KEY JOB ROLES
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Ensures that financial accounting principles, practices, process and procedures are followed and timely reporting.
- Ensures that the firm runs efficiently by keeping accurate records and providing valuable financial information.
- Preparing and recommending policies and procedures, and financial actions.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries, and maintains bookkeeping including tracking expenses and revenue, payroll, billing and invoicing, etc.
- Keeping and maintaining proper books of accounts such as balance sheet, Profit and loss account, and other reports and reconciling financial discrepancies.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Issue all Accounting and Financial reports to management after stipulated closing period.
- Assist in providing external auditors with all required accounting information.
- Responsible for Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) and Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) filings.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by interpreting accounting policies and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Accomplish result by performing assigned tasks and targets.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
CVs and Application letters should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline for application: 20th September, 2021