Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary Objective Of The Job
Responsible for all aspects of Treasury operations
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Management and design of all aspects of operational Treasury processes and policies
- Liquidity and intercompany funding controls and processes
- Review of monthly business unit cash flow statements and production of Board cash flow reporting materials
- Support to, and management of, Board Cash Committee for liquidity initiatives and reporting
- Manage holding company cash balances and timing of cash extraction from business units to holding companies
- Management and oversight of cash flow budgeting and forecasting processes
- Monitoring and reporting of bank and bond covenants
- Assessment and mitigation of FX and interest rate risk
- Analysis of working capital movements and preparation of commentary on working capital and cashflow movements for the monthly Board report
- Liaison with group tax team on cash extraction from business units to ensure tax efficient extraction and funding arrangements
- Design and delivery of a number of initiatives to improve working capital through improved collections and credit control processes
- Group policy and oversight for banking operations, mandates and bank account structure
- Providing support to Island Capital, M&A and Investor relations on transactional activities
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required For Job
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Big 4 Training Preferred
- Experience working in a group function
- AMCT/MCT or similar preferred
- Experience working in a multinational Treasury environment
- Must be proactive, deadline focused and highly organized.
- Results oriented with an ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written, verbal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, staff, and external firms.
- Strong analytical and research skills, problem-solving and organizational skills.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.