Group Sales Manager – (16682)
Rosewood Baha Mar
Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Develop and implement plan to achieve established group sales revenue goals and overall business revenue goals
- Seek out and target group sales opportunities to secure new business
- Maintain annual marketing plan with measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow group travel segment
- Develop new sources of business from inbound calls, direct website RFPs, internet leads, trade shows and referrals
- Negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements
- Meet and work to exceed performance goals set for group sales
- Maintain database of accounts in defined territory
- Maximize sales outcomes by following up on all leads and identifying all business opportunities
- Manage and coordinate client accounts
- Secure completed credit applications, distribution of credit information and accurate adherence to billing procedures
- Liaise with other departments to share needs and requirements of group meetings and events
- Prepare and distribute internal/external correspondence, contracts, group resumes, rooming lists, event schedules, etc. in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop new service techniques for maximum satisfaction at minimum operating costs
- Ensure seamless flow of information between sales and management teams
- Stay current on group sales industry trends
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience: Minimum of three years of Group Sales Manager experience in a luxury hotel environment preferred. Preferred Caribbean Group Sales and Incentive experience or resorts sales versus corporate hotel or city center options.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
General Skills : Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail , speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. Proficient in Delphi, Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Self motivated individual who is organized and able to set and achieve goals for themselves and their team. Experienced and knowledgeable of the local luxury market for Caribbean Sales and clientele. Sales responsibilities include negotiations, presentations, trade show attendance, and contracting. Additionally, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and goal achievement is expected as duties for the Group Sales Manager. Working with catering/convention services along with property team is also required.
Sales and Strategy/Planning
Restaurants, Food & Beverages, and Hospitality