Global Corporate Responsibility Lead – Communications and Engagement – Fixed Term Contract
EY is on a journey to transform its positive impact by becoming an accelerator of inclusive growth, advancing innovation and practices that enable as many people as possible to contribute to, and share in the benefits of, economic growth. This includes significantly increasing our social impact.
The Global CR, Communications and Engagement Lead is responsible for working with the Global Corporate Responsibility Leader and BMC Business Enablement leader to develop and activate an innovative communications and engagement (C&E) strategy to enable this high priority global transformation and lead the delivery of operational CR communications. The role holder will lead the development of targeted C&E initiatives that bring our organization-wide CR efforts to life, creating real positive impact and inspiring our people, communities and clients.
You will be supported by and counsel a team of two.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice regarding all aspects of communications and engagement to deliver the global CR ambition and vision
- Create and lead a communications and engagement strategy that effectively engages, educates and empowers our people
- Manage resources and budget against an agreed operational plan, coordinating the engagement of internal and external agencies as appropriate
- Develop and oversee implementation of a consolidated internal communications and engagement plan, encompassing all aspects of the CR agenda
- Oversee reporting on the reach and impact of C&E initiatives as part of CE Transformation, monitoring campaign metrics, evaluating engagement effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement
- Team effectively across other functions in BMC, strategically positioning CR across functional channels of communication (e.g. Office of the Chairman, Sector, Service Line, Markets)
- Proactively manage engagement with Area and Regional BMC networks, supporting the implementation of compelling and localized communication campaigns
- Partner with Talent and Sustainability stakeholders to ensure CR communications and cadence are aligned
- Develop an effective stakeholder management strategy, activating key stakeholders across global leadership around the CR agenda
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Exceptional written communications and strong storytelling capability
- Strong personal communication and facilitation skills; proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders
- Proven ability to create an influential communications and engagement strategy and deploy using a variety of channels and activities within EY
- Proven ability to measure impact of communications, using data and analytics to demonstrate outcomes and drive continuous improvement
- An understanding of how to apply the objectives of CE Transformation to the role (internal candidates)
- Highly effective understanding of digital channels and best medium to target different internal audiences
- Oversee the development and deployment of a consistent communication plan that reaches key internal audiences globally, while allowing for local input, customization and integration of messages in appropriate channels
- Be a trusted business partner to the Global CR Leader; operate with a client service mindset; demonstrate knowledge, skills and intelligence concerning global business and CR fundamentals, competitor analysis and cross-cultural/geographical sensitivities
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the corporate responsibility agenda and trends relating to responsible, social and inclusive business practices
- Demonstrates strong leadership and consensus-building skills in a dynamic environment
- Enables innovative thinking and inspires innovative action; leverages communications to inspire others
- Enables knowledge sharing; has the ability to synthesize information from others; connects all facets of the business when initiating, developing and implementing initiatives; serves as an organizational connector
- Proactively develops others; sees learning and development as a critical input to delivering exceptional client service to BMC clients; seeks to inspire
- Proven ability to work across geographies and cultures, navigate complexity and lead virtual teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- Supervision of Communications & Engagement professionals supporting the CR function
- Motivates colleagues through effective monitoring, coaching, counselling and providing a positive working environment
- Substantial brand, marketing and communications experience in a world-class global organization – previous experience as an internal communications lead for a geography, program, service line, sector and/or function is preferred
- Experience engaging with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholder groups to deliver results
- Exceptional communication and change management experience for large complex global programs
- Experience in preparing senior leadership presentation materials, pre-reads and other communications
- Strong experience in digital communications
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Flexibility regarding business travels (global travel may be required pending business needs)
What We Look For
We are looking for a motivated individual who demonstrates a good understanding of the corporate responsibility agenda and trends relating to responsible, social and inclusive business practices. The ideal candidate is someone who enables innovative thinking and inspires innovative action and leverages communications to inspire others, as well as enabling knowledge sharing.
What We Offer
As part of this role, you’ll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services