Global Applications Business Analyst
The Business Analyst will join the Global Applications Analytics team of Oracle’s Global Business Finance organization. You will have the unique responsibility for providing a data-driven perspective to product, go-to-market, and other growth initiatives for Oracle’s SaaS portfolio.
Specifically, you will be asked to focus on different areas depending on the business need. You will provide an analytical assessment of strategic initiatives or business operations that could span across product, go-to-market, and business functions.
You will partner across internal business teams (Finance, Product Strategy, Sales Leadership, Regional GTM, etc.) to gather key insights, strengths and weaknesses of the current Oracle’s business strategies. Work is non-routine, complex, and similar to that of a management consultant. This is a critical and high visibility role spanning a broad range of exciting cloud technologies and products.
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis, market research, or finance
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills, including the ability to extract insights from a large set of data to answer business-related questions
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Oracle Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with Python, R, or another programming language preferred
- Internalized knowledge of basic statistical algorithms such as logistical regression, random forest
- Expert level skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Ability to context switch and work with shades of grey
- Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual team environment
- Self-starter, positive mindset, results-oriented, looking to make a big impact
- Undergraduate degree
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Business Development and Sales
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services