Financial Software Systems
FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Location: Virtual, ideally UTC+2. Team meetings with the CTO occur every business day at 8:00am.
Job Purpose: A dynamic Southern African software development company that authors and supports financial software systems is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Developer who has the same level of passion for high quality software solutions.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment of each new product.
- As a Full Stack Developer, you need to be comfortable around both the front and back end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
- Develop and maintaining structured web applications and Client/Server applications
- Create automated and scalable solutions
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use
- Designing and developing APIs
- Translate UI and UX wire frames to visual elements of the application
- Integrate front-end and back-end aspects of the application
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Conduct customer side training
Min. Qualifications: Degree in Software Engineering or similar
Experience: The successful candidate must have at least 3-5 years’ of proven experience working autonomously, preferably with exposure to financial services products, although this is not a prerequisite. The candidate should have contactable references and be able to demonstrate their ability to independently develop substantial complex software systems.
Skills: Able to engage with clients at all levels; Highly organised and detail oriented; Excellent analytical skills; Strong documentation propensity; Methodical approach
Attributes: Willing to travel; Independent; Excellent verbal and written command of the English language; Willing to work after hours/over weekends (if required); Willing to learn new tools and development environments; Passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skill-sets.
Development platform/s: Any object orientated programming language such as Java, C# and .Net
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience