Frontend Engineer/Sr. Frontend Engineer, Release
Gitlab is looking for a Frontend Engineer for the Release stage , which is part of GitLab’s CI/CD product . In this role you will develop frontend features in the product areas of Continuous Delivery and Release Orchestration. Visit our direction page for more information.
The Release group is a combined group which means that all the engineers, Frontend and Backend, report to a single Fullstack Manager, Engineering. The intention of using this model is to increase efficiency and drive results by building a process that supports the whole group’s effort towards our goals. Primarily, this means that all engineers participate in conversations in the group and contribute broadly to group process iteration.
- Develop frontend features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Designers, Backend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, and propose and implement solutions.
- Ship small to medium sized features and improvements with minimal guidance from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
You should apply if you bring:
- Professional experience building Frontend web applications using VueJS or another modern frontend framework.
- You have working knowledge of when and how to make your code scale effectively
- You are proactive in taking ownership of tasks and take them to completion
- You desire to learn and continually give and receive feedback effectively
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
You’ll Stand Out If You Bring
- Experience contributing to open source software
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, GraphQL or other tools in our tech stack.
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
- Experience with writing automation tests using Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape, etc.
Frontend Engineer Performance Indicators
Frontend Engineers have the following job-family performance indicators.
- Frontend Unit Test Coverage
- Mean Time to Merge (MTTM)
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap . You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Our hiring process for this position typically follows four stages. The details of this process and our leveling structure can be found on our job family page .
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Ingeniería y Tecnología de la información
Servicios y tecnologías de la información y Software
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.