The copywriter position will create high-quality content for a large-scale client. They are responsible for meeting goals for article creation and approval. The copywriter will work closely with the Editing Team and Digital Content Managers (DCM) to produce articles that meet all the client’s requirements.
Contract Type: Fixed-Price @ USD $0.08/word
Word Count: as per the article requirements
Signing Bonus: Successful candidates will receive a $1,000 signing bonus after they have completed 20 client approved articles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must be able to produce (on average) at least five 1,000 to 1,500-word articles per week
- Write clear, actionable copy that is free of redundancies, filler content, and grammatical errors.
- Interpret assignment briefs to understand project requirements.
- Study style guides and approved content to understand the client’s distinct voice.
- Conduct high-quality research and fact-check before submitting.
- Thoroughly edit and proofread all copy before submitting.
- Collaborate with in-house editors and the project manager from article creation to client approval.
- Be open to constructive criticism from the internal team and client.
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction.
- Participate in article workshops
- 5+ years of experience as a copywriter or in a related role
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Familiar with AP style
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with SEO is a plus
- Experience with HTML is a plus