FMP Supervision and Data Analysis Consultant
Inter-American Development Bank
The team’s mission: The division of Financial Management and Procurement Services for Operations (FMP) is assigned to the Vice-Presidency of Countries. FMP works in collaboration with IDB partners to support borrowing member countries to strengthen their fiduciary systems, advise on the design and implementation of their operations, and provide effective fiduciary oversight. Given recent technological advances in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chain, big data, etc. and their implication for development banking, FMP’s vision is to “Anticipate, create, and transform”.
What You’ll Do
- Support CBA fiduciary specialists in facilitating the strengthening and use of national systems by the Bank and other donors. Support project implementation and the country’s development agenda.
- Provide fiduciary support to Project Executing Units (PEUs), Project Team Leaders and counterparts regarding the fiduciary arrangements of a loan contract or technical cooperation agreement including, the financial reporting, the efficient use of resources, the procurement of goods, works and services, and the disbursement and the project financial management.
- Design and develop training workshops for PEUs, Bank staff and third parties related to all aspects of Financial Management and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Participate in project fiduciary management through procurement ex-ante and ex-post reviews, as well as through inspection visits by anticipating events that potentially could impact the intended objectives of the operation. Propose corrective actions to improve where applicable and maintain a high quality of oversight of the Bank’s portfolio in all fiduciary aspects.
- Support the external audit process by advising PEUs and other borrowers in the hiring, evaluation, actions plans, and analysis of the project audited financial statements (AFS) The Consultant will also be responsible for the creation of a data analytics base to track the main issues related to internal controls and risk management.
- Participate and give support on the Bank’s portfolio review process undertaken jointly with the Public Investment Unit and PEUs.
- Support the Borrower in the implementation and use of new Bank control systems such as Online Disbursement and Online Bidding Portal.
- Gather fiduciary data for Business Intelligence to inform fiduciary project risk management and fiduciary capacity building for PEUs. Support the fiduciary team in formulating and delivering programs to strengthen such capacity.
- Proactively provides background information on Key Performance Indicators related to financial management and procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines for their application. Stay current on emerging financial management and procurement trends, practices, and tools.
- Collaborate and support in the interpretation of fiduciary data, its trends and results analyses using statistical techniques.
- Develop visualizations and dashboards to support the fiduciary team. Support project team leaders and operation analyst and collaborate with the FMP HQ data analytics team to prioritize business and information needs.
- Support all digital transformation and innovative initiatives leaded by the Fiduciary Team in the IDB Barbados Country Office.
What You’ll Need
- Citizenship: You are either a citizen of Barbados or a citizen of one of our 48-member countries with residency or legal permit to work in Barbados.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting and Auditing, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, or other related disciplines. Master’s in economics, statistics, or computer science will be an asset.
- Experience: At least two (2) years of relevant experience, preferably in working with an international development organization, in the area of project management and or execution. Advance use of Microsoft Excel and Access, basic computer programming, familiarity with tools such as power BI, Tableau is a plus. Experience in procurement managements, as well as risk and results-based management and financial management systems will be valuable
- Languages: Fluency in English. Working knowledge in at least one of the other three official languages of the Bank (Spanish, French, or Portuguese) will be a plus but it is not required.
Core And Technical Competencies
- Client Focus & Management: focuses efforts on achieving business results through understanding and meeting internal and external client and stakeholder needs. Values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Innovation & Creativity: Generates innovative and creative solutions to problems that contribute to organizational effectiveness. Tries different and novel ways of approaching work to create added value in the services/products provided.
- Knowledge-Sharing: Actively develops and shares knowledge within and outside own business area. Leverages expertise to improve organizational effectiveness and add value within sphere of influence.
- Collaboration & Influence: Cooperates with others and encourages teamwork to achieve mutually beneficial results. Gains the support of others for own ideas and initiatives, regardless of formal authority and organizational boundaries.
- Critical Thinking & Judgment: Uses experience and good judgment to make sound decisions and devise effective solutions to problems. Assesses and manages risk in own work.
- Type of contract: Consultant Full-time.
- Length of contract: 12 months.
- Starting date: October 1, 2021.
- Location: IDB Country Office in Barbados.
- Responsible person: Fiduciary Specialist – Procurement VPC/FMP.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
“Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.”
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
- External Opening Date: Aug 17, 2021
- External Closing Date: Aug 28, 2021
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support
Information Technology and Services, Human Resources, and Financial Services