Financial Services, Senior Regulatory Analyst
EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights at the right time through an agile, client-first organization. In support of this vision, this senior analyst position will see you working closely with EY’s Global Regulatory Network (GRN) to shape strategic insights on financial regulation that help clients adapt to the changing regulatory landscape.
The Financial Services Regulatory Analyst is responsible for providing insights on key regulatory change items globally. They will use their understanding of the current regulatory agenda, key themes emerging from supranational bodies (FSB, IOSCO etc), how market structures are evolving, as well as broader emerging trends in the financial services sector such as new technology, to identify how evolving regulation is likely to impact clients, operations and strategy.
In addition to monitoring regulatory and policy changes and assessing impact, the analyst will also be contribute to the development and execution of strategic thought leadership and market insight initiatives focused on FS regulatory issues.
This role requires the ability to combine an understanding of key global banking regulations, strong analytic skills and a strategic mind-set with an inquisitiveness and real-world perspective driven by both the client’s experience and broader marketplace drivers.
The Financial Services Regulatory Analyst is responsible for providing impactful analysis and insight to EY’s Financial Services leadership team and practitioners to support their growth and market strategy, business development, service delivery and external market positioning efforts, as well as engaging directly with clients.
You will have a key role to play in supporting EY’s Financial Services leadership, connecting and collaborating across other industries and across all service lines to further strengthen the quality of your insights.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Being a senior member of the GRN leadership group (Chaired by Chris Woolard CBE, the former interim CEO of the UK Financial Conduct Authority and with senior ex-regulators from the Fed and Hong Kong SFC) helping ensure that the research agenda is aligned with overall EY priorities.
- Providing deep analytical insight and understanding of the outward trends and signals shaping business, the economy and markets, and society with responsibility for the execution of strategic and complex initiatives in accordance with the annually created knowledge plan.
- Engaging with, and challenging, a wide range of EY stakeholders to provide commercial and provocative perspectives on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the market.
- Developing and co-creating insights beyond publicly available information, interacting with Knowledge colleagues, account teams, service line colleagues, clients and external networks to incorporate proprietary knowledge and, where possible, developing proprietary data sets to evidence a differentiated point of view.
- Applying strategic thinking and analytical skills to drive market strategy, investment decisions, shape go-to-market activities, competitive intelligence, and develop leading insights from the Financial Services leadership down to the account level
- Developing a credible internal brand to become recognized within EY as a subject matter expert to the business. Able to participate in client meetings, roundtables and other external events/conferences to strengthen EY’s presence and reputation in the market.
Skills and attributes for success:
You’ll be a seasoned analyst who has a deep understanding and experience of regulatory issues, and broader trends and drivers in the Financial Services – particularly banking – business environment. You will have a commercial outlook and enjoy collaborating with colleagues across the globe in a multicultural and virtual environment.
You will be known for your big picture thinking and ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
To qualify for the role, you must:
- Have 10+ years’ experience working in financial services firms, financial regulators and / or industry research organizations, with a focus on FS regulation.
- Have deep analytic capabilities leveraging data and analytics
- Have strong commercial acumen, connecting marketplace opportunities to EY’s products and services
- Have experience in interacting with senior business leaders, leading conversations and offering differentiating perspectives
- Have succinct and structured oral and written communications skills with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and data visualization tools
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Fluency in digital disruption and transformation along with an understanding of the outward trends shaping the market
What we look for:
A leader who will thrive on partnering with our Financial Services regulatory leaders to create distinctive insights and perspectives for senior practitioners to take to clients. A trusted business advisor willing to work collaboratively in helping frame the strategy and go-to-market approach within the Financial Services regulatory market.
What We Offer
Our comprehensive rewards package includes support for flexible working and your career development.
We offer support, coaching and feedback from engaging and interested colleagues; opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career and opportunities to innovate and be highly creative in your approach to your role.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Finance and Sales
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services