Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is unlike any place else you’ve ever worked. We are venture builders dedicated to solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges and capitalizing on it’s incredible potential by leveraging market and tech opportunities. Over the next five years, we’ll build 24 businesses from scratch and scale 64 existing growth-stage ventures through our venture development programs. Backed by leading corporates, such as Standard Bank – the continent’s largest bank – we have access to their vast resources, infrastructure, and expertise and will bring those to bear for all our ventures and entrepreneurs. Starting with FinTech, HealthTech, and AgriTech FFA will expand our focus as we grow, adding other sectors.
Our goals are audacious, and we want to work with people who share our passion for pursuing transformation at scale. We believe that good ideas can come from anywhere – not just the top – and we love to build our way out of uncertainty. At FFA, you will work with and meet outstanding and diverse talent from across the continent and help us build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive network. You will work faster (and learn faster) than you ever have before.
With offices in Johannesburg and London, we are building an ambitious, talented, and passionate team, ensuring that Founders Factory Africa is the continent’s best partner for founders.
The Financial Controller will work closely with the CFO to assist with the daily operations, accounting and finance within FFA and across our start-ups. This individual will be responsible to deliver timely and accurate financial reports, develop finance processes and financial controls, banking, tax compliance as well as supporting our startups with finance and operations matters. The role will be responsible for both South Africa and UK offices. This role will be ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded while being detail-oriented and capable of helping create processes and controls for a fast-growing company.
- Support CFO with financial and overall operations management
- Drafting of annual budgets and preparing presentations for investor and Board updates
- Financial reporting, analysis and monthly management accounts for UK and SA and liaising with investors on their monthly queries.
- Monitoring, processing and managing day-to-day financial transactions
- Cashflow management for UK and SA
- Taking control of payments and banking admin
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records in the accounting system – xero
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Ability to run with year-end audits, working closely with auditors to deliver audited financial statements efficiently
- Understanding of tax laws and IFRS – VAT, PAYE, Income Tax
- Experience with SARS submissions Working closely with our Founders to support their finance and operating needs
- The role involves operations and administrative tasks hands-on approach is critical
- The role may require supporting Legal transactions upon spinning out of businesses from incubation programme, getting resolutions signed , etc
Experience and Skills
- CA(SA) with at least 2years post qualification experience
- Proactive and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Financial instruments knowledge
- Experience working in a startup or high growth business would be preferable
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Hands-on approach and problem-solving abilities critical
- Advanced excel experience,
- Experience with xero advantageous
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Forex transactions advantageous
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work within a small team
Founders Factory Africa provides a rare opportunity to join a team of world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators. We provide the freedom and excitement of early-stage startups but the stability and resources of a large organisation. Founders Factory Africa has global ambitions, and you’ll play a key role in our future success.
This role is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a high-growth organization as part of the founding team and to help shape the future of Africa’s startup ecosystem.
Accounting/Auditing and Finance
Computer Software, Internet, and Financial Services