Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary Objective Of The Job
To provide accurate, timely, and complete financial information for responsible areas – which will be included in the monthly Financial accounts and other reports (internal and external) within company timelines, and in accordance with accounting standards. Ensure execution of budgetary controls and forecasting in relevant areas, along with department operational expenditure monitoring
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- To run the day to day operations of the Finance Department in a fast paced environment
- Manage and monitor all posting on Great Plains and ensure correct reporting on assigned balance sheet and Profit & Loss areas assigned.
- Prepare and present reports and Budgets to include commentary, highlights and analyses.
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts and all Balance Sheet Accounts monthly in line with deadlines assigned.
- Reconciliation of assigned Sub-Ledger accounts to assigned Balance Sheet accounts.
- Accurately processing and reconciliation of all Intercompany Balances monthly.
- Bank Online processing of Payments.
- Credit Control function; Management of all aspects of the credit control function to ensure timely cash receipts and payments.
- External Reporting and Tax Compliance- preparation of GCT and Statutory Returns applicable to the Newcom Group, and submitted within required timelines.
- Cheque preparation and update of Budget for the Production Companies
- Preparation of Financial Statements for Production Companies.
- Preparation of cash Report and Forecast.
- Providing financial analysis and management information as required.
- Assist with the monthly preparation of the Board Report.
- Liaise with Finance Team in all Digicel Markets assigned.
- Other duties assigned
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant ACCA, ACA
- Minimum four (4) yrs experience in a finance function.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Functional Skills And Abilities
- Work independently, multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer focus, including confidence in resolving issues with staff, suppliers, banks, tax personnel, and other teams within the organization.
- Team oriented, with a keen eye for detail.
- Flexibility and commercial orientation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of IFRS and company statutory requirements.
- Good use of initiative
- Good problem solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.
Accounting/Auditing and Finance