Reporting to: Managing Director
Category: 12 (Level 3)
No of positions: 1
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value
Guinness Cameroun S.A. (GCSA) is a Total Beverage Alcohol business, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Diageo Plc, a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer, sold at almost every price point, in every category to meet consumer demand.
The Cameroon alcohol beverage market is highly competitive – GCSA is currently the number 2 player in the country by value in beer market and number 1 in Spirits, with a clear ambition to be No. 1 in value in Total Beverage Alcohol.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and most respected consumer goods company.
GCSA operates a brewery and packaging facility in Douala, (also covering logistics & procurement) producing a portfolio of Stout, lagers, RTDs and Malta, and has installed in 2016 a manufacturing line to produce mainstream spirits. A great number of Diageo International Spirits brands (J&B, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Smirnoff Vodka amongst others) are imported and distributed.
GCSA contributes materially to the operating profit of Diageo Africa. GCSA delivered double-digit growth in both volume and revenue in F21, GCSA is set for further strong growth in F22 and beyond. GCSA is structured around a Demand and Supply organisational model.
Purpose Of Role
The FD will partner with business management, Group functions, Diageo Africa & AEM contributing to the development and achievement of its objectives. In addition, they will lead the finance team in their Business Partnering agenda and embedding BPM fully in the Business Unit. They will of course be accountable for ensuring the highest standards of compliance and governance in the Business.
The role is based in Douala (Cameroon) and reports to the Managing Director GCSA. There is frequent contact with the GCSA Executive team, AEM, Africa based majorly in London
- Development of Business Strategy in partnership with managing Director and the Executive team.
- Enhance & enablement of finance functional strategies in partnership with AEM and CLT.
- Build and drive of business performance management & decision support.
- To ensure all financial and CARM controls are in place and lead the development & implementation of Governance for GCSA.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 1st Degree in a business-related field.
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, ACA, ACMA)
- MBA degree an advantage
Extensive business experience gained at a senior level in a multinational corporate environment, with proven capabilities in some of the following areas:
- FMCG industry and related business issues such as brand management or brand financial management, production, logistics
- Risk management techniques
- Evidence of brilliant management of a P&L, demonstrable examples of balanced and effective investment decisions and market share growth, plus a history of in-flight Business Performance Management and course correction
- Strategy development and execution
- Business consulting
- Information systems
- Experience in multicultural / multilingual environments
Barriers To Success In Role
- Spending too much time internally focused
- Inability to balance pace with sound decision making.
- Inability to cope with unpredicted events
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date
emploi,emploi cameroun,emploi définition,emploi quebec,emploi international
To see more jobs in Cameroon please visit Jobs in Cameroon.