External Reporting Manager
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more.
Primary Objective Of The Job
- Support in certain aspects of the financial reporting cycle
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects
- Participation in preparation of audited financial statements in accordance with accounting standards
- Ensuring complete and accurate disclosures
- Support in establishing and maintaining internal control framework
Main Duties And Responsibilities
Process-specific role responsible for;
- Coordination of year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements;
- Monitoring of external reporting requirements;
- Researching accounting issues;
- Providing advice and guidance on all financial reporting matters;
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee;
- Working with the various accounting divisions providing financial results;
- Working with other teams to ensure new accounting standards are implemented effectively
Academic Qualifications And Experience Required
- Five plus (5+) years of progressive technical accounting experience involving the application and analysis of accounting standards
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- Public company reporting experience an asset
- Experience with US GAAP / IFRS
- Experience with ERP systems
Functional Skills And Abilities
- Ability to analyze complex issues, diagnose multi-dimensional problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Attention to detail
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.