Expression of Interest: Project Manager
- Please note, this is not an open vacancy, you are registering your interest in working with Worley and will be considered for future open roles**
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
For more information, visit Worley.com.
Reports to: Business Sector Manager
Location: Western Cape
Contract type: TES (Agency Contract) / Limited Duration Contract
Contract duration: 18 to 36 Months
Main Purpose Of Job
- Responsible for overseeing work across a scope of work with moderate complexity.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls small to medium engineering projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Supervises workshare personnel through subordinate leaders.
- May assist as part of the proposal work for small to medium projects.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Schedule Management
- Manage Costs
- Implement and deliver Value Management
- Scope Management incl. Change Management
- Coordinate People and Communications Management on Projects.
- Customer interface and management
- Skills/ Competencies:
- General Management competencies.
- Project Management skills.
- Knowledge of applicable of codes, standards, specifications and legislation and their application.
- Leadership Skills including Strategic Ability, Managing Vision & Purpose.
- Solid understanding of engineering concepts and application of knowledge.
- Communication, particularly relationship management & negotiation.
- Participative leader, capable of leveraging the input and experience of the broader team to analyse options and then make decisions as necessary.
- Strong change management skills.
- Planning & organizing, with strong project management skills.
- Can operate in a complex environment.
- Rigorous Schedule Management.
- Able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements and their application.
- Sound presentation skills (developing and delivering).
- Sound report writing skills.
- Knowledge of data/document management systems.
- Minimum 5 years in relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2 years as a Project Engineer in the renewable energy sector and 7 years Refinery experience
- Project Engineering experience on at least one significant and major project covering engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Personal Qualities
- Safety Driven.
- Action Orientated.
- Effective in Building Business Relationships.
- Effective in building teams.
- Customer Focussed.
- Capability to deal with change.
- Results driven.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
Special Conditions Attached To The Job
- Travelling to sites and customer engagement necessary at project and business level.
- Valid passport.
- Valid driver’s license.
What We Offer You
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
- Education/ Minimum Requirements:
- National Diploma in a related field
- PMP would be advantageous
Aug 17, 2021
Aug 28, 2021
Project Management and Information Technology
Construction, Information Technology and Services, and Oil & Energy