Experienced Manager – Audit and Assurance Methodology
KPMG South Africa
- Researching and answering assurance queries for KPMG staff and clients in accordance with International Standards of Auditing (ISA’s), the International Standards Reporting Manual (ISRM) and locally issued South African Auditing Practice Standards (SAAPS).
- Reviewing reports submitted to DPP by engagement teams and liasing with the teams on these reports.
- Researching and answering assurance and audit queries for KPMG staff in accordance with the ISA’s, KPMG Audit Manual (KAM) and SAAPS and JSE reporting requirements
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of accounting updates and training on ISA’s, ISRM and SAAPS’s for KPMG partners, staff and KPMG clients through the African region
- Staying up to date with developments in both local standards and ISA’s through internal research and involvement on local topic teams
- Assisting with the monthly compliance reviews to ensure that the trainings achieved the intended results.
- Providing support for Data and Analytics initiative led by DPP A&A, including Provide practical guidance and technical support to engagement teams participating in the deployment of KPMG Clara
- Supporting engagement teams in coordinating the data extraction process with the client, performing validations on the extracted data and assisting with account mapping, as necessary.
Skills And Attributes
- Keen interest in researching and dealing with reporting related issues
- Good working knowledge and understanding of ISA, ISRM and SAAPS’s.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ambition to contribute to building a successful and profitable department
- Works well under pressure
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to deal with various tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (including writing)
- Able to deal effectively with individuals at all levels within KPMG and external to KPMG
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint)
- Could have knowledge of US GAAP (not essential)
Accounting/Auditing and Finance
Management Consulting, Financial Services, and Accounting