The Executive Chef is responsible for the successful management of all aspects of the culinary and dining department. Responsibilities include retail sales, special events planning, food costs and inventory control, safety and sanitation, and maintaining excellent resident, customer, and employee satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or related culinary degree.
- Certified Executive Chef preferred.
- Minimum four years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Upscale dining experience required.
- Must demonstrates proven leadership abilities, commitment to customer service, and strong organization and time management skills.
- Must have previous experience and proficient with menu development and pricing.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Culinary labor, food, and small ware financial management experience required.
- Achieve 100% resident satisfaction through plate presentation and taste. The Executive Chef circulates dining rooms at meal times daily for resident feedback.
- Establish presentation techniques and ensure quality standards.
- Hire, coach, train, inspire, and direct culinary staff. Maintain proper scheduling and conduct employee reviews.
- Develop Sous Chef and Lead Cook to take on additional leadership and management duties.
- Directly responsible for food control, labor costs, menu engineering, recipe creation, and standardization of recipe production to ensure consistency.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, proper safety, and sanitation policies for followed in the work areas.
- Oversee special catering events and offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude, which supports a team environment. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members, and guests.
- The Executive Chef must function as Manager on Duty as scheduled with site leadership team.
General Working Conditions
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
Serving is our Business
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPointandIndependence Villagehave over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials
Management and Manufacturing
Food & Beverages, Hospital & Health Care, and Hospitality