Events Sponsorship Coordinator / Kairuruku Whakatairanga
Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Do you have passion for the outdoors and the environment?
- Are you a multi tasker, quick thinker and full of energy?
- Is your attention to detail legendary?
We are seeking an enthusiastic Events and Sponsorship Coordinator to join our Marketing and Communications Team in the Customer Engagement Department. This role is based in the heart of our city in our new Cuba St offices.
About Greater Wellington
There’s a lot more to us than meets the eye. Here at Greater Wellington Regional Council, we’re working on the big things that will impact everyone in our region. Ensuring we have uninterrupted access to drinking water, staying safe from the threat of flooding, protecting and enhancing the environment, improving the quality of our fresh water, ensuring we are all connected through our public transport network and planning ahead for the potential impact of climate change across our region. We’re people who are genuinely passionate about the work we do, because we believe what we do counts.
We provide a diverse range of benefits including working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. We’re also all about growing our people through professional development and experience across everything the council does.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an events and sponsorship professional to help us to promote the great environmental work we do in the Wellington Region through events, sponsorships and community engagement.
You’ll implement our new community and grants sponsorship programme including include promotion of application rounds, communicating with applicants, evaluating and shortlisting applications, and convening the grants and sponsorship decision-making panel.
You’ll also assist with the planning, logistics and delivery of Greater Wellington’s events portfolio, including the Great Outdoor Summer Programme and volunteering for planting activities.
Skills And Experience Required Include
- Minimum of three years in events management, community events, sponsorship, recreation or relevant industry.
- Strong relationship management skills, comfortable dealing with a wide range of stakeholders groups and our community at events.
- Administration, time management and organisation skills (to manage multiple projects).
- Experience providing advice to internal customers, including managing expectations of workflow and deadlines.
- Understanding of tikanga Māori.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours.
- Understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Full and clean New Zealand driver’s license.
How To Apply
Click on the “Apply” link to view the job description and to apply for the role with a cover letter and CV.
For further information, please contact Viviane Mordaunt, 021 762 649.
Applications close: Extended to Monday, 6 September 2021
Due to current border restrictions from the New Zealand Government we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are a New Zealand Citizen/Resident or who have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and hold a valid visa. For further information, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Marketing and Sales
Environmental Services, Government Administration, and Financial Services