ET_BO_12960_Process Business Analyst Lead
Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure and resilient technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you will be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The Process Business Analyst role is part of a dynamic and growing process analysis team responsible for documenting, recommending improvements and benchmarking cross-organizational processes and procedures ensuring consistency. This role relies on close collaboration with teams across EY Technology.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and conduct process design sessions, document use cases, and illustrate data and system process flows. Analyze process changes, make data-based recommendations to improve processes, and review results of process improvements
- Review and refine current policies and processes/procedures
- Define new policies and procedures
- Identify process redesign opportunities with focus on operational efficiency
- Identify new process gaps
- Facilitate sessions to guide large virtual groups through complex topics consistently moving forward; think of unique ways to have active individual participation; drive problem resolution; compel teams to make key decisions
- Prioritize across multiple tasks; effectively delegate accountability and responsibility; coach and provide insight
- Reevaluate decisions when presented with new information
- Identify issues and uses tools for effective and efficient analysis; Review data inconsistencies; Break down sophisticated issues to achieve the «right» level; Identify the root causes of difficult problems; prioritize the list of causes; Help others weigh priorities
- Inspire change in complicated situations; Assist in leading change in and across the organization; Achieve compromise on difficult items; Determine the underlying root cause of issues
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Results driven, with a solid attention to detail
- Able to complete large projects concurrently and deliver to agreed timescales in a fast-paced environment
- Easily adapt to the styles and cultural differences of others and incorporates feedback in order to enhance relationships and outcomes
- Demonstrate executive presence establishes credibility quickly, commands attention and respect, demonstrates confidence, and deals comfortably with others
- Take personal responsibility for making, communicating and implementing difficult decisions
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business drivers that determine success
- Proven leader; Delegates work to team effectively, using appropriate resources to increase team strengths and decrease costs while meeting deadlines
- Tailors approach to respective audience
- Gather client feedback to provide credible solutions and high-quality work
- Provide proper balance of technical experience and business acumen when communicating and making suggestions
- Shift gears comfortably, make decisions and act without having to have every detail clear
- Business process design
- Process improvement/continual improvement methodologies
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- More than 10 years of experience in business process improvements and process reengineering (Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean, Just do it, etc.) – Green Belt and/or Lean Certification preferred
- Proficient with industry-standard, structured business analysis techniques (i.e., user stories, use cases, UML/logical modelling, BABOK, etc.) appropriately modifying according to the decided software development methodology (i.e., Agile, Iterative, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.) in use.
- Significant experience with Agile, SCRUM and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability and flexibility to operate in a virtual environment across multiple time zones
- Strong stakeholder management
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Finance domain background experience
- Working knowledge of Relational Database (MS SQL/ Oracle DB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Proven knowledge of accounting and financials
- Have a sense of urgency, decisiveness, ability to work well under pressure
What We Look For
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What We Offer
As part of this role, you will work in a highly coordinated, globally diverse team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You will develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We will provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a significant impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We will give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You will be accepted for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana