Engr III Cslt-Software Devt
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Participating in design discussions and evaluating proposals to make sure they’re technically sound.
- Working on application development / enhancement in SpringBoot and REST API’s.
- Troubleshooting and Solving application issues.
- Using DevOps tools (e.g., GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins) to work on application deliverables.
- Writing vulnerability-free code and fixing application vulnerabilities.
- Working on the tasks independently with little guidance.
- Working on AWS cloud and cloud-native applications.
You Will Need To Have
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle phases, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Knowledge of Java 8, J2EE, and Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of REST services and the ability to use REST services in Java within a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools (e.g., GIT, JIRA).
Even Better You Have
- Experience with Oracle or other relational databases.
- Knowledge of XML and XSD schemas.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools (e.g., GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins).
- Experience with security (OWASP) tools (e.g., Fortify, Sonarcube, Blackduck).
- Knowledge of AWS cloud and cloud-native applications.
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: VZBIN
Engineering and Information Technology
Telecommunications, Information Technology and Services, and Computer & Network Security