Engr III Cslt-Software Devt
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
The work you’ll be doing is to support mission and business-critical applications. You will be enhancing the customer experience and building a world class solutions and mentor junior resources. As an Technology expert to embrace NSA full stack solutions inside Verizon. Interface with external and internal stakeholders to build and promote solutions thru NSA Architecture.
- Collecting client requirements, system features and functionality and developing system designs.
- Performing analysis and writing program specifications for multiple projects.
- Developing user interfaces, completing programming and producing programs to improve processes.
- Coordinating project requirements, schedules and activities and providing status reports.
- Supporting team by developing documentation and responding to inquiries.
- Performing technical evaluation of projects to determine advantages and disadvantages.
What We’re Looking For…
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile Development.
- Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
- Working experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
Even Better If You Have
- A degree in BE /BTech or Master’s degree or MCA
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
- Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: VZBIN
Engineering and Information Technology
Telecommunications, Information Technology and Services, and Computer & Network Security