Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a software Engineering Manager, you will help grow our business by managing one or multiple product engineering teams. Our product engineering organization is split in pillars:
- Canvas: The main application users interface with regularly
- Enterprise: Cares about what happens when you need to collaborate at huge scales, including finding the right collaborators and content, granting and controlling access, protecting privacy and data, and respecting geographic boundaries
- Product Growth: Drives business growth by getting users to core product value faster through a focus on customer lifecycle stages like activation, engagement and retention
At Mural, the direct reports of an Engineering Manager are Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Tech Leads. Our Engineering Managers work in close collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, DevOps, Data Analysts/Scientists, and often report to a Director of Engineering.
- Hire, coach, and mentor engineers based on the team, pillar, and company’s objectives.
- Ensure our hiring, onboarding, and training processes are continuously improved.
- Nurture and develop the career progression of your direct reports.
- Collaborate with People Operations/Human Resources and technical leads to identify high performers, and provide recognition through promotions and bonuses.
- Collaborate with Product and Design to build and maintain a team roadmap.
- Plan and execute strategies to ensure the on-time delivery of projects within the roadmap.
- Maintain a high-level quality of code and testing, while delivering an exceptional user experience.
- Ensure our product handles high traffic with optimal response times, and manage production incident resolution promptly.
- Lead cross-team or cross-pillar Product Engineering initiatives to improve how we work and deliver value to our customers.
- Several years of relevant experience in a similar position managing engineers directly.
- Several years of experience working in software engineering, preferably with hands-on experience with Node.js/React and holding leadership responsibilities (e.g. Tech Lead).
- You have designed and built web services and have experience in running them in a production environment (debugging, optimization, operationalization, etc.)
- You have experience leading projects using Agile methodologies (all of our teams use a variation of Scrum or Kanban).
- You have hired and promoted engineers, and you know how to motivate your team members to maintain a high level of trust between each other and with yourself.
- You have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
Nice to have:
- Experience with globally distributed and multicultural teams (we have people in the Americas, but also Europe).
What We Offer
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
Nivel de antigüedad
Tipo de empleo
Ingeniería y Tecnología de la información
Servicios y tecnologías de la información , Software y Internet
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita uy.linkedin.com.