Drilling & Completion Data Engineer / Analytics
Ecopetrol Permian LLC
Ecopetrol S.A. is an integrated oil and gas operator and the largest company in Colombia. It participates in all segments of the hydrocarbon chain: exploration, production, refining, and commercialization. With 67 years of history, its extraction fields are in the center, south, east, and north of Colombia. It has two refineries (Barrancabermeja and Cartagena); three ports for the export and import of fuels and crude oil and two maritime terminals. It also owns most of the oil pipelines in Colombia that intercommunicates production systems with large consumption centers and maritime terminals. It has a stake in the biofuels business and has a presence in Brazil, Peru, Mexico, and the Gulf of Mexico in the United States. Ecopetrol’s shares are listed on the Colombian Stock Exchange and its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The Republic of Colombia is the majority shareholder with an 88.49% interest.
Ecopetrol is currently exploring the opportunity to engage in the exploration and development of unconventional resources. By doing so, Ecopetrol will balance its upstream portfolio with short-term hydrocarbons and add diversification from a geographical and play perspective with access to light oil and gas. Moreover, engaging in unconventional opportunities outside of Colombia will allow Ecopetrol to learn the nuances of exploring and operating unconventional resources.
Ecopetrol Permian LLC (EPER) is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Ecopetrol S.A., the national oil company of the Republic of Colombia, created under the laws of the State of Delaware. Rodeo is a Joint Venture (JV) between Occidental Petroleum and Ecopetrol in the Midland Basin, Texas, United States to develop unconventional resources. Oxy will operate the holdings based on a field development plan agreed upon by both companies. Ecopetrol will actively engage in the operations through a management team and a Knowledge Transfer and Secondee program to build a robust understanding of unconventionals and provide oversight to the operations.
Our offices are centrally located in Houston, Texas, on the 45th floor of The Williams Tower, an iconic landmark in the Galleria area. In a modern working environment, EPER houses a diverse team of enthusiastic professionals of various nationalities and disciplines, committed to accomplishing the company’s goals.
The ECP Permian D&C Data engineer associate will work within the Drilling and Completion team to manage all Drilling and Completion data. The D&C Data engineer will support daily operations data capture, visualization, QA, QC, and alongside Managers, Associates and Secondees, help uncover key value-drivers using advanced data analytics within multivariate data sets. Additionally, this individual will collaborate with ECP Permian other groups to capture knowledge and share key learnings in data management and advanced analytics within Ecopetrol. Will also lead the benchmarking efforts in Ecopetrol Permian and provide technical feedback and suggestions to Management.
The position will be located in Houston, Texas, United States. The position will report to and be evaluated by the ECP Permian Drilling and Completion Manager. Manager.
Drilling and Completion
- Lead data management for the drilling and completion group in Ecopetrol Permian.
- Provides daily data engineering support. Gathering drilling and completion data from operator & transferring it into internal applications.
- Monitors daily morning report and facilitates data error corrections and coding. Responsible for D&C well file population and management.
- Compiling and generating D&C graphs and analyzing performance trends utilizing applications such as Power BI and Azure ML
- Developing SOPs related to data flow from the D&C group to other departments in the organization
- Monitors project operational and financial performance against established goals and objectives using machining learning to detect anomalies.
- Review, test and recommend new techniques and data analytics technologies
- Work effectively with a variety of individuals from numerous disciplines
- Lead and coordinate the internal and external benchmarking effort within Ecopetrol Permian.
- Develop and Implement benchmarking strategy for Ecopetrol Permian.
- Engage on regular sessions with ECP Permian different departments for discussion of benchmarking focus areas and operational metrics.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or Statistics.
- Minimum of 5 years data engineering experience.
- Experience overseeing drilling and completion operations.
- Experience with OpenWells and landmark tools.
- Strong communication and effective team skills within multi-discipline organizations
- Proficient in the English language (written and oral); fluency in Spanish language desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Power BI, and SQL
- MS Azure ML preferred
- Python preferred
- Mid-level, high-performing and/or high-potential employee (5 – 20 years of experience)
- Fluency in English and Spanish is desirable
- Articulate, effective, and persuasive in verbal and written communication
- Curious mind with an ability to ask great questions
- Thinks outside the box with a passion for exploring and building knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with operators/partners/suppliers in prior assignments
- Drives for results that significantly impact company performance with a sense of urgency
- Embraces change and enjoys challenges
- Welcomes new ideas & explores different approaches
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively and coordinate activities across disciplines, both technical and support
Team Spirit – Working with others towards achieving the goals of Ecopetrol Permian. Keeping the commitments agreed upon, actively participating, and proactively sharing knowledge and information to learn and grow as a team, shaping and promoting synergistic work between the different areas as part of the culture of Ecopetrol Permian.
Passion for Excellence – Working through processes, with operational discipline, giving the best of oneself to achieve outstanding results, continuously improving and innovating.
Commitment to Life- Acting to ensure a healthy, safe, and clean environment in daily activities, putting the integrity of the people, the environment, and the community as a priority value. It involves identifying and assessing risks in advance and implementing actions necessary to eliminate, control, or reduce them.
Business Ethics – Creates a culture that fosters high standards of integrity and honesty; holds self and others accountable for rules and responsibilities.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Equal Opportunity Employment: EAI is an equal opportunity employer. EAI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), or age. The Company conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, EAI will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.
Oil & Energy