Domain Analyst (Assistant Director)
EY Knowledge helps EY to win in the market by providing the right insights at the right time through an agile, client-first organization. In support of this vision, this analyst position will see you provide deep insights and perspectives on high priority areas including Sustainability/ESG/Long Term Value and Technology for EY stakeholders and partners, identifying opportunities for EY thought leadership, growth (markets, products and services) and mentoring more junior analysts to develop their commercial and analytic skills.
The Global Markets Analyst is responsible for providing actionable analysis and insight to EY’s leadership team across Global Markets and other organizations to support their strategy, business development, service delivery and external market positioning efforts.
In this role you will combine strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspectives driven by an understanding of client issues and broader marketplace drivers.
You will have a key role to play supporting EY’s Global Markets leaders and EY practitioners in bringing the firm together around critical topics, bolstering the brand, driving growth across service lines and sectors worldwide and advancing EY’s strategy.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing deep analytical insight and understanding on a range of Sustainability/ESG/Long Term Value and Technology focused priorities with responsibility for the execution of strategic and complex initiatives in accordance with the annually created knowledge plan.
- Engaging with and challenging a wide range of EY stakeholders to provide commercial and provocative perspectives on Sustainability/ESG and Technology issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Developing and co-creating insights beyond publicly available information, interacting with Knowledge colleagues, account teams, service line, industry and area colleagues, clients and external networks to incorporate proprietary knowledge and, where possible, developing proprietary data sets to evidence a differentiated point of view.
- Collaborating frequently with Knowledge colleagues to drive greater connectivity across EY’s Areas, Industry Markets and Service Lines and convening groups across EY around common issues.
Skills and attributes for success:
You’ll be a strong analyst who has a deep understanding and experience of the issues, trends and drivers critical to achieving EY’s priorities in Sustainability/ESG and Technology. You will have a commercial outlook and enjoy collaborating with colleagues across the globe in a multicultural and virtual environment.
You have excellent executive presence, stakeholder management and communication skills (written and oral), easily establishing yourself as a trusted advisor.
You will be known for your big picture thinking and ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
You thrive in a dynamic environment, taking an agile and entrepreneurial approach to getting work done while still staying grounded with solid program management.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience and an interest in Sustainability, Technology and where they intersect
- Deep analytic capabilities leveraging data (qualitative and quantitative) and analytics (ideally experience with products like Alteryx or Power BI)
- Strong commercial acumen, connecting marketplace opportunities to EY’s products and services (including the increasingly technology or asset-based offerings)
- Experience in interacting with senior business leaders, leading conversations and offering differentiating perspectives – not shying away from bringing new and potentially provocative points of view
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and work collaboratively across teams and time zones
- Comfort with change as this team focuses on what is most important for EY – which is always shifting as the firm advances its strategy
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A willingness to innovate and be a change agent, challenging existing ways of delivering insight
- Management consulting experience
What we look for:
Someone who will thrive on partnering with our EY stakeholders to create distinctive insights and perspectives on issues, challenges and opportunities. A trusted business advisor willing to work collaboratively in helping frame the strategy and go-to-market approach for EY’s highest priorities.
What Working At EY Offers
Our comprehensive rewards package includes support for flexible working and your career development.
We offer support, coaching and feedback from engaging and interested colleagues; opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career and opportunities to innovate and be highly creative in your approach to your role.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Business Development and Sales
Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, and Financial Services