Director – Credit Risk Management – Wholesale
What will you do?
- Provide leadership and has responsibility for wholesale credit adjudication activities of RBC Caribbean
- Help build a culture of passionate teammates that excel in service quality and strive to meet and exceed all defined goals, SLAs, and targets
- Ensure appropriate Credit Policies, Standards and Procedures are in place in support of all required Regulatory, Enterprise, and Caribbean Banking requirements
- Ensure credit decisions are appropriate, within defined risk appetite, and exception levels are reasonable and fully supported
- Maintain a comprehensive wholesale credit Delegation of Authority program
- Standards and Requirements for granting DLA
- Independent reviews of credit decision in support of DLA
- DLA removal
- Ensure results of reviews are directly communicated to underwriters and appropriate coaching takes place
- Ensure independent assessment and oversight of wholesale credit adjudication activities and team initiatives are aligned to risks
- Ensure all appropriate Policies, Standards and Procedures are in place in support of all required Regulatory, Enterprise, and Caribbean Bank requirements
- Deliver comprehensive reporting to GRM Caribbean senior management and ensure action plans are in place to resolve issues
- Provide analytical support and product advice and counsel and provide Credit analysis and decisioning on wholesale portfolio matters
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or other related fields
- 12+ years progressive growth and experience in financial services; Wholesale Banking, product development and credit risk management
- 10+ years of experience in Credit Risk Management and demonstrated ability in managing a highly skilled, professional team of senior level Credit Risk Managers
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Management Principles, Credit Adjudication (Wholesale Banking), Operational Excellence, Quality Control and the balance sheet
- Proven ability to develop and implement a sound Credit Risk Culture, demonstrating Strategic experience in leveraging the value in the unit and the department to develop better solutions and achieve an enterprise risk management mindset
- Must possess an analytical mindset, have strong problem solving skills and a financial acumen
- Extensive experience in risk policy, bank operations, analytics and economic factors that may impact risk levels of the Bank and/or given strategies
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent
- 5+ years Credit Risk Management experience at leadership level
- Corporate and Business Banking Credit experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to Lead in a dynamically changing environment
- The advantage of working with a dynamic, collaborative, and high performing team where initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
- Leaders who help your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we’re doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com
Address: 4th Floor, 101 East Hill Street
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Senior Manager/Director
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 09/15/2021
Req ID: 407976
Platform: Group Risk Management
Finance and Sales
Banking and Financial Services