Digital Marketing & E-commerce Manager
Hiring Company: Kate McLeod
Position / Title: Digital Marketing & E-commerce Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Start Date: Immediately
Location: New York / Hudson Valley HQ / Remote
Who We Are
Kate McLeod creates effective, good-for-you products that help customers find moments of intentioned self care in their lives. Our hero product is the Body Stone, an innovative solid moisturizer that melts into the skin on contact. It’s designed to be used daily and turns something quotidian into an intentioned moment of self-care—a source of everyday magic.
We do things differently. We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable. Unlike most beauty brands, we formulate all our products from scratch in our own production facility—every Stone has been hand poured, hand wrapped, and hand tucked into its bamboo canister. PR has been earned and homegrown. Until a few months ago, we were completely word of mouth—no paid marketing. And our growth has been explosive: our sales doubled in 2020, and we’re on track to more than quadruple sales in 2021.
To put it bluntly, we have an incredible product and product pipeline. We have a story to tell. And we are passionate, motivated, and scrappy. We are building our small but mighty team intentionally – this is a wonderful opportunity to join a consumer brand at a pivotal moment in its growth trajectory and have immediate impact.
We are headquartered in the Hudson Valley, but our roots are in the greater New York metro area—we are open to hiring candidates working remotely, as long as they are willing to travel as needed for critical in-person meetings. The idea candidate will be based in New York State.
You will be responsible for developing and executing innovative, brand-aligned growth strategies across both paid and non-paid marketing channels (e.g., e-mail, paid social, affiliates, paid search / shopping, SEO, SEM). You will also be responsible for managing our e-commerce site, supported and in collaboration with our web development agency. As the first marketing hire on a lean team, you will need to feel comfortable hopping in and around platforms with a high-level of organization and attention to detail.
Who You Are
You live and breathe D2C e-commerce. You have your finger on the pulse of digital marketing trends across a variety of industries, and you are passionate and educated about the clean beauty, health, and wellness space. You love working in small teams, and you are excited about the idea of working closely with a company’s co-founders. You believe in our brand and mission; you recognize how innovative our products are; and you want to help us take this to the next level.
- Create and execute data-driven programs and campaigns that drive new customer acquisition, customer retention, and increase brand awareness
- Create monthly digital marketing strategies that support key product moments and align with larger brand marketing calendars
- Proactively dig into our data to identify opportunities for A/B testing and optimization across acquisition and retention channels
- Develop data-driven insights and recommendations to optimize channel performance—you confidently use a mix of data and intuition to influence key performance indicators
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g., social media manager) to present cohesive brand view across channels
- Execute project plans and deadlines to achieve all digital marketing objectives on time and within established budgets
- Analyze sales data, industry trends, product reviews, and competitive research to identify actionable insights
- Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation, and consumer insight development
- Collaborate with freelancers and agencies to create compelling creative content that is optimized for different channels
- Track and report business KPIs and growth objectives weekly and monthly
- B.A. required; 3-5 years of experience working in digital marketing, preferably with stints leading e-mail and / or retention marketing at a D2C startup
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing and e-commerce trends
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, with a structured approach to problem solving and significant experience developing data-driven recommendations
- Highly skilled in working across digital marketing platforms, including Klaviyo and Google Analytics; experience with Google Optimize, Google Ads, and Facebook a plus
- Proficient in Shopify and Recharge, including backend and CMS (e.g., reporting, editing themes, adding new SKUs, updating product pricing, supporting promotions and new product launches, etc.)
- Strong understanding of performance marketing KPIs, including CAC, CPA, and ROAS and awareness of SEO/SEM strategies
- A strong creative opinion and a good eye for smart, effective content—you appreciate and admire the art of excellent brand content
- Extremely well organized, hard working, and self motivated to complete assigned tasks, anticipating the next step without direction, and exceeding expectations
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig in enthusiastically, no matter how small the task—everything is figure-out-able!
- Passionate about learning and self-improvement. Eager to give and receive candid, real-time feedback in support of professional development
- Thoughtful communicator and presenter who loves to work collaboratively and live problem solve in a group—you always have lots of ideas to bring to the table!
How To Apply
Please send your resume with a brief statement of interest to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!