Digital Innovation Strategy Lead (APAC)
- Developing, enabling and enhancing Roche’s customer-centered digital strategy for optimizing the established products (EP) and engagement with customers by unlocking the value of breakthrough digital solutions through data & customer insights across APAC.
- Lead the organization in elevating digital knowledge / skills and building a community across global functions, within prioritized affiliates and to guide the wider Enterprise
- Drive digital customer experience strategy in digital marketing channels & techniques; digital content strategy, digital solution development & management; marketing automation; personalization; digital marketing technology tools and platforms; and digital collaboration / community platforms.
- Build out customer touchpoints with innovative approaches to increase Roche’s competitive advantage in the market.
- Boldly harness and transform the digital ecosystem across APAC through partnering and incubating start-ups and forming strategic partnerships with global tech companies to enhance customer experience, patient care, and ultimately, improve patient outcomes
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Shape the organizational mindset to envision the possibilities for digital engagement, generate interest and demand for digital platforms that support insight sharing and customer engagement, and cultivate business support and participation in new capabilities & platforms to deliver on enhance customer engagements
- Develop the digital capabilities roadmap, including digital customer experience vision, content development & management strategy, and vision for key digital platforms co-created with customers and patients (e.g., insights community platforms, decision engines, etc.) as well as facilitating the implementation in partnership with the affiliates.
- Develop and communicate compelling vision of opportunities that drive impact on key issues for digital customer engagement strategy and tactics, including disease area and APAC-specific needs, as well as changes to engagement strategies over the product lifecycle
- Takes on the leadership role that educates, advises and challenges to enrich business area strategy for the benefit of the whole.
- Defines, improves and develops digital engagement plan including regulatory and compliance aspects and technology infrastructure striving for excellence in implementation.
- Champion digital experience, including striving for a seamless multichannel experience as priority focus
- Define what success looks like and how it will be measured in terms of customer engagement
- Partner with cross-functional teams and affiliates to establish an integrated strategy for digital customer engagement
- Identify the emerging digital trends in relation to customer needs that will allow for multi-country and cross-division exploration and synergies
- Actively participate in strategy setting meetings in PIIX and APAC Network and across informatics
- Ensure that the “One Voice Across Roche” is incorporated into all digital activities across the enterprise, whilst driving channel development and expertise competencies. Additionally, the Chapter will
- Draw on their expertise for channel application to advise on industry best practice, drive channel adoption, and lead innovation across Roche.
- Ensure an environment that supports creativity and innovation
- Work closely with the Pharma International Informatics and EPICx teams to measure channel performance
- Collaborate closely with Strategic Alliance and Customer Value Leads, Medical and affiliates to identify new innovations, including future add-on engagement services
- Set global standards for respective channel, including strategy, operating model for engagement, and KPIs
- Stay abreast of market evolutions and dynamics regarding Roche’s position in industry and key customer channels, as well as market evolutions and dynamics impacting the digital community
Competencies & Mindsets:
- Acts from a whole system, enterprise perspective and understands the big picture
- Leadership competencies: growth and learning mindset, entrepreneurship and ability to drive the delivery of commitment in a matrix team.
- Strategic agility: Address the evolving needs from internal/external stakeholders to deliver optimal results.
- Deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills through customer insights.
- Communication, interpersonal and networking skills: ability to influence without authority and cultivate relationships with internal & external partners/stakeholders to drive alignment within and among cross-functional team and the network.
- Results orientation: takes the initiative to drive results and achieve expected outcomes.
- Ability to motivate the squad members working towards shared goals
- High level of expertise and interest in keeping up-to-date with digital technologies – to explore integrated digital solutions such as applications, web-based interactions, etc.
- Takes initiative and suggests ways to move forward
- Able to understand complex business process and influence business change
- Customer-centric and able to apply this approach to everything they do
- Focus on “Reuse before Buy before Make”
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Appreciates the diversity of working in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment
Experience & Skills:
- An accomplished strategist and leader, with demonstrated success in the development and implementation of customer and channel-oriented innovative solutions.
- With 6 – 8 years of digital marketing experience in one or more of the following relevant engagement channels: Web & Search / Mobile / Media (Social, Paid Display) / 3rd Party Communities / Congress & Events; and solutions (CMS, DAM, CRM, email, etc.)
- Deep understanding of key issues for digital customer and channel experience
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop, and implement innovative digital platforms
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a matrixed environment, with the ability to influence senior level stakeholders, drive alignment cross-functionally and drive organizational change
- Demonstrable experience shaping digital engagement strategies for specific disease areas
- Deep knowledge of relevant disease area and related customer journeys and digital customer strategy and launch tactics
- Experience of Agile ways of working, design thinking, lead management practices – Scrum Certification a bonus
- Fluency in written and spoken English