Design Studio Spc/Home Stylist
In this part time role, you will inspire customers to express themselves in their home. Drive sales by creating customized design plans that reflect the customer’s style and lifestyle. Build a reputation of the Brand as a destination for approachable decorating expertise that helps customers build truly personal spaces.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide authentic, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying World-Class service standards while assisting other associates with complex customer concerns.
- Utilise design expertise to assist clients during consultations in-store and in-home regarding the design of their spaces.
- Make product, color and design recommendations to suit their style & needs.
- Anticipate the client’s needs for every room in their home and make suggestions.
- Follow through with each customer to ensure their experience is seamless from the initial shopping experience to the delivery and set up of their purchases.
- Build lasting client relationships. Contact clients regarding new product arrivals, sales and decorating classes.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
- Assist customers with special services including; gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalogue orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We’re excited about you because…
- Retail Sales, Customer Service, Interior Design &/or furniture experience (preferred)
- 1-2 years retail sales and customer service experience (home furnishings retail preferred, but not required.)
- 1-2 years design experience (preferred, but not required)
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience including customers, management and the store team.
- The ability to focus on the customer through clienteling, customer service, selling skills and follow-up skills.
- Drive innovation and change by thinking proactively – anticipating client’s needs and problem solving.
- Model personal accountability by acting with the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Drive execution by prioritising and demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to connect with customers through service and selling
- Love to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale
- Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
- Have the confidence and passion to anticipate customer needs and problem solve.
- Enjoy discovering the customer’s style, lifestyle & story to connect them to the right products
- Most successful when provided with clearly defined daily sales goals & metrics
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
If you are passionate about leading dynamic teams and delivering world-class service join our team, apply today!
This is a permanent opportunity and only those with permanent Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home.
In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck’s business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.
Today, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is one of the United States’ largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. Established in Australia in 2013, Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd. currently operates 20 retail locations and 4 e-commerce websites, and employs more than 350 people across corporate and retail operations.
Discover all you need for home from our four iconic brands: Pottery Barn Australia for timeless, exclusively designed furniture, decor and gifts; Pottery Barn Kids Australia for stylish, high-quality furniture and accessories for babies and kids; west elm Australia for modern home furnishings that are authentic, approachable, affordable and sustainably produced; and Williams Sonoma Australia for the finest cookware, food and entertaining essentials.
Design, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
Consumer Goods, Retail, and Hospital & Health Care