Data Science Intern
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you’re looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we’d love to hear from you.
HelloFresh’s Business Intelligence team aims to steer the business through robust and insights-driven data analytics, in order to steer decision-making and overall improve the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow HelloFresh New Zealand from start-up to scale-up mode.
We are looking for a self-motivated, intellectually-curious and analytical individual with a keen interest in data science and engineering to advance forecasting. The Data Science Intern will work closely with the lead Forecast Analyst on all areas of our forecast: develop new models to increase forecast accuracy; build out and own forecast analytics to increase our understanding of customer behaviors, and automate and optimise existing models.
An ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys both diving deep into data to identify trends, and rolling up their sleeves to get things done. In addition to this, you will champion and role model HelloFresh’s DNA.
- Create actionable forecasting insights and build models to improve forecasting accuracy and understanding of customer behaviour (e.g., recipe selections, pause behaviours, etc.)
- Advance existing forecast models to reflect an increasingly complex product offering, and enable business to deliver on new products and key supply chain initiatives
- Automate and optimise/refactor forecast models, pipelines and processes for the long-term
- Develop alerting applications to proactively identify deviations in forecast and customer data
- Build dashboards, reporting and visualizations to ensure regular tracking of performance, and facilitate operational processes and decision making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences, especially in explaining complex forecast logic and models
- Promote forecast data literacy and enabling stakeholders to better understand and own the forecast, including training materials and cross-functional collaboration
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Previous experience working in a BI, Data Science, or Data Analyst role is a plus but not required
- Expert proficiency in Python, SQL and a willingness/curiosity to learn new languages. Proficiency in other programming languages, such as C++, Java and R is a plus but not required
- Data-driven, solid analytical and quantitative thinking with a logical approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and analytical environment
You are …
- Obsessed with food!
- Passionate about our business
- Proactive, ambitious and assertive
- Motivated by being part of an extremely fast-paced business
What You’ll Get In Return…
- Significant reduction on our meal kits, 70% off from your first day
- HelloFresh Academies, monthly internal learning & development
- Continuous development including external courses
- Working flexibility available
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 14 countries
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Regular team-building events
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Duration: 6 Month Full-Time Internship (Monday to Friday 9 am – 6 pm). You must have the right to work in New Zealand for the duration of the contract.
Start date: September 2021
Important: Please be aware of the current travel restrictions. New Zealand has now officially closed its borders for anyone not holding a NZ passport or Residency. This is a drastic measure installed by the government to reduce the chance of COVID-19. Therefore at this stage, we are only considering applicants who are currently based in NZ and who are eligible to work full time.
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.
Engineering and Information Technology
Marketing and Advertising, Information Technology and Services, and Computer Software