Data Graphic Controller I
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport’s largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for collection, generation and review of real-timetrack data for presentation as data products to the customer on the AUTEC Project.
- Coordinates activities with all personnel during pretest systems checkouts, real-time operations and recorded test playback operations.
- Manages electronic data files and graphic displays in real time.
- Reviews test documentation to determine real-time data collection requirements, visual displays, audio recording and event logging requirements.
- Implements changes in the displays.
- Implements logging of real time events as required.
- Troubleshoots changes in data requirements and system data flow and must document problems.
- Verifies real-time software applications designed specifically for processing test data and computer graphic displays.
- Ensure all data handling meets current security requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of related experience operating a computer in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must be highly proficient in a Windows environment with excellent keyboard skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of operations in a network environment is preferred.
- Must complete all job training certifications within the established timelines.
- Experience working in a technical or scientific environment strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated to work with limited supervision within a diverse group.
- Ability to grasp copious amounts of information and manage multi-tasking in a real time environment.
- Good reading and comprehension skills required to reference and apply written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and to coordinate work efforts with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Close vision work for duties performed at PC/workstation monitors.
- Work in a low light environment.
- Work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary; and occasional extended 12 hours shifts that are test dependent.
- Possesses the flexibility required in scheduling time to meet changing real time schedules.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Construction, Information Technology and Services, and Financial Services