Data Governance Manager
Data Governance Manager – Sydney Office – Permanent Full Time
At Domain Group, our vision is to inspire confidence for all of life’s property decisions. Driving this vision are our values: Open Minds Open Doors, Passion is Contagious, Have Adventures and Leap, Grow, Repeat. Together, our vision and values are what keep our work honest and meaningful. If they resonate with you, this might just be your next home too.
Behind our value of Open Minds Open Doors is our belief that different life experiences bring much-needed perspectives to the table, and so we’re committed to seeing things through each other’s eyes. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our diversity of race, beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, age, disability status, marital status and more – so that every single one of us can truly feel at home here.
A bit about the role…
Reporting to the Head of Data Governance, the Data Governance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Data Governance policies, processes and standards are adhered to across key data assets. You will collaborate with data, legal and strategy to document Domain’s business rules around usage and sharing of our data assets (both internal and 3P sourced), and establish clear processes for teams considering using or disclosing this data to gain approval to do so. Additionally, you will be a key member of project teams considering procuring or partnering with strategic data providers. You will also contribute to the evolution of our overall data strategy and own the implementation for relevant parts across the business units.
A bit about you!
- Be the subject matter expert on the contractual, regulatory and business rules relating to our data assets (both internal and 3P sourced), and centrally document this in collaboration with legal, strategy and data.
- Establish clear processes for approval around the application of these business rules to new data use cases proposed by the broader business.
- As an integral partner to any teams considering procuring or partnering with strategic data partners, provide an independent and consistent approach to data sourcing agreements.
- Work with data and tech to identify and implement effective automation tools and processes to ensure we are able to maintain the integrity of our data assets and comply with the contractual, regulatory, and business rules (e.g. tagging).
- Work closely with the Head of Data Governance and support the rollout of the Data Governance framework across various projects/teams and contribute to the ongoing implementation and development of its success.
- Own the data management strategy around data coming in & out of Domain and ensure data is handled according to the overall policies for the entirety of its lifecycle – creation through to implementation.
- Implement and monitor data governance policies and procedures, driving data quality, privacy, protection, collection, and retention of data across Domain assets.
- Ensure that Domain is compliant with our legislative obligations – partnering with Legal, Security and various data stakeholders.
- Support project planning and management to ensure best practice and that legal frameworks (provided by the legal team) are followed with regards to data governance.Support and implement the Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) process across the business.
We’d love you to have…
- Experience managing large business-critical data platforms
- Have a deep understanding of modern data architectures, data practices, and data technologies
- Experience using modern Big Data technologies such as Snowflake or similar data systems
- Experience driving end-to-end data processes across a business
- Experience building strategic platform roadmaps to deliver key organisational outcomes including improving governance, security, and privacy
- An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks applying to data governance (e.g. Privacy Act, GDPR, etc.)
Why you’ll love us!
We know that when people are happy they tend to work better and have greater work satisfaction. So here at Domain, we look after our team.
We’re big on flexible work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours, a leading parental leave policy and wellbeing leave. Based in our Sydney HQ in Pyrmont, you’ll have some great perks available which include an onsite cafe, sun-drenched BBQ deck, prayer room, parents room and discounts across healthcare, entertainment, food, gas and electricity (just to name a few things!).
Career development and learning are also super important to us which is why you’ll have access to Domain’s mentoring program, LinkedIn Learning too, brown bag sessions and much much more!
So…what happens next?
We will give your application the attention it deserves and you will hear from us either way. If it’s a good match, one of our recruitment consultants will give you a call
Go on then, click apply, we would love to see your application pop up!
Here at Domain, we’re driven by the belief that open minds open doors. We value innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings and are committed to building an inclusive workplace; one where every single one of us can feel truly at home.
*A note to recruitment agencies: We have this role covered; there is no need to get in touch. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thanks.
Information Technology and Services and Legal Services