Data Domain Architect
- Deliver innovative data domain solutions that deliver successful business outcomes.
- 12 month fixed-term contract role – senior technology leadership position.
- We’re for Real Wellbeing.
Join us and let’s make a bigger difference together.
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of over 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australian Unity — we’re a growing organisation, focused on finding opportunities to create social and community value while operating with commercial purpose. Australian Unity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In this role as Data Domain Architect, you will report to the GM, Enterprise Architecture and Strategy and be responsible for the architecture and governance of enterprise data solutions through co-ordinating the movement, enhancement, integration, quality and availability of data throughout the enterprise. You will support the enterprise data architecture roadmap by managing architectural runway for enterprise data model, enterprise data store/warehouse, information management, and advanced data analytics capabilities.
The role will provide data architecture thought leadership to cross-functional teams in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modelling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation. You will work with a range of senior stakeholders across the business and technology to guide the organization toward a defined future state with sustainable data management technology capabilities and practices. This is a senior leadership role in our technology function which has a strong commercial focus.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 10 + years’ experience in software design in addition to experience in at least two of the following disciplines: technical infrastructure, application development, integration middleware, business process management and/or database management.
- Experience with Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Architectures and Enterprise data services within complex environments.
- Strong MDM experience across toolsets such as Talend, Attacama, Informtatika etc.
- Hands-on experience with modern tools such as AWS Data Lakes, Catalog & Search Dynamo DB, AWS Glue, S3, EC2 and SageMaker will be highly regarded.
- Experience with data integration technologies including ETL tools, secure file transfers and APIs (SOAP, REST, OData)
- Experience with cloud, micro-service and API based technologies and architectures.
- Exposure to TOGAF and ideally TOGAF certified.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with demonstrated leadership skills in developing and mentoring teams.
- Solid analytical capability – you are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and abstract concepts.
- You are motivated by long-term results, not being biased toward specific technologies or vendors. You’re more interested in results than preferences.
What Makes Us, Us
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
Driving positive impact
Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
All these things are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest.
Join us and thrive.
Engineering and Information Technology
Health, Wellness and Fitness