Position: Creative Lead
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start date: Immediate
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Creative Lead responsible for leading and managing the creative arm of our marketing department.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Uganda, Kenya, and Nigeria, we are a venture-funded company (Series B) that has a huge impact on millions of people in East and West Africa.
- Guide and own all creative projects, including video, photography, copywriting, and branding
- Ensures creative projects are delivered on time following the marketing schedule
- Develop strategies, plans, and set priorities
- Generate new ideas continually, while keeping an eye on establishing and maintaining the standards of the brand
- Hires and manages internal and 3rd party creative resources
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends
- Coordinate resources across multiple projects and teams
You Should Have
- Copywriting or art direction background
- Experience driving projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience establishing priorities, strategic problem-solving, and multitasking
- Passion for building a team and mentoring team members
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary
- Free SafeBoda transport & Free lunch every day
- Community – we started as a small community of Boda drivers, and we never forget this. We share lunch, and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs, and customers.
- Innovation – we challenge the status quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
- Transparency – We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and our own personal performance so that we can improve every day.
- Safety – if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?
- Trust – we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one and another in everything we do.
- Integrity – We hold ourselves to the highest standard, and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
- Collective Commitment – teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made; however, everybody must commit to it once a decision has been made. “I agree, and I commit, I disagree, and I commit.”
Join us! Please email your resume, projects/campaigns that you are proud of and explain why you believe you are a good fit for the role to [email protected] with “Creative Lead” as the subject.