Country Head, Client Solutions
Job Title: Country Head, Client Solutions
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
To seamlessly deliver innovative and cost-effective Client Solutions across Client Segments in country, delivered through the Group platform and 3rd party ecosystems and platforms in alignment with the strategic value drivers. This includes products and services for banking, insurance, investment solutions, as well as potential new product and services across all Client Segments.
Minimum of First Degree in Business Commerce or related discipline. MBA / Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum Banking experience of 8-10 years on similar or related role at Senior Management Level.
- Experience in the design, development, scaling, entrenchment and commercialisation of products and services (including digital) within the financial services.
- Proven track record in an organisation of comparable size and complexity.
- Understanding of digital, open banking and platform integrations.
Additional Job Dimensions
- Partners with Group Client Solutions and country segment teams (i.e., Consumer and High Net Worth Clients, Business and Commercial Clients, Wholesale Clients) in order to deliver in-country client centric solutions (i.e., products and services to meet client value proposition and life journey requirements across segments and ecosystems). Segment value proposition needs to include a multi-segment, multi-product client experience approach and integrated ways of working.
- Collaborates with Corporate Functions to enable Client Solutions.
- Collaborates and integrates with Engineering and Innovation teams to ensure alignment of client solution fulfilment objectives.
- Interacts and integrates suppliers to deliver client solution objectives in country (where required).
- Manage the relationship
Regulatory / Industry Bodies
- Interacts with regulators and industry bodies for banking related matters where required.
- Influence industry norms
- Where required, manages 3rd party product and services providers in the ecosystem.
- Manage the relationship
- Accountable for the delivery of Client Solutions in country against client needs as informed by segment teams’ insights or 3rd party opportunities, ensuring scalability and reusability across segments and channels.
- Needs to demonstrate leader-led change to enable successful delivery of client solutions, integrated ways of working and strategic value drivers.
Accountability for problem solving
- There are unforeseen challenges, which include establishing new ways of working through multi-disciplined squads, a value chain and intentional integration and understanding of a platform business as it matures.
- Services, solutions and opportunities will expand beyond traditional banking.
- Jobholder needs to role model behaviours to set the pace, create confidence in new processes and enable country teams to manage challenges.
Degree of original thought required to solve problems:
- Adaptive – Requires analysis, interpretation and significant judgment
- Relies on own knowledge and experience of banking products and services (including the political landscape, socio-economic factors, diversity of cultures and legislation), platform dynamics and is guided by Client Solutions and Client Segments strategic objectives.
Accountability for planning of activities
- Integration of functions that are similar
- The planning horizon will typically not exceed 12 – 18 months, aligned to annual planning cycles
Discretion allowed for decision making
- Generally Directed – Policy objectives, management general direction
- Jobholder is guided by the Decision Rights Framework (DRF).
- Leads decision making relating to client solutions in country (e.g., investment spend, trade-off decisions, etc.) and is a representative of Client Solutions at country exco. Makes decisions in collaboration with other Client Segments, Innovation, platform enablers and Corporate Functions for the identification, design (where relevant) and delivery of client solutions.
Licence to Operate
Adheres to all country licence requirements as it relates to Client Solutions.
- Implements and optimises client solutions in alignment with Client Solutions Group, Client Segments, Country and internal delivery partners (e.g., Engineering, Corporate Functions, etc.) requirements.
- Implements the Client Solutions toolbox in country in collaboration with other capability heads and seeks approval for customisation requests.
- Ensures the achievement of efficiencies and synergies through the central coordination of products and services delivery across all client segments.
- Ensures that teams are embedded in client segment teams, particularly for the delivery of bespoke client solutions.
- Provides input into the development of client value propositions.
- Sets, defines and delivers parameters for client metrics to drive growth and achieve scalability aligned to the strategic value drivers.
- Stays abreast of market and competitive developments in order to define and evolve innovative and value-added services to clients across all segments.
- Where necessary provides subject matter expertise for deal complexity.
- Collaborates with Client Segments to approve 3rd Party partners and ecosystems for the delivery of integrated multi-products and services for the client.
- Maintains alignment with other capabilities in order to ensure seamless delivery of products and services and reduction of duplication.
- Implements client solutions to address client life events, distributed through client engagement platforms.
- Places the client and client experience at the centre of product and service delivery.
- Vets all 3rd party products and services as it relates to client solutions which will be delivered by the SBG platform (in country).
- Delivers the Bank and 3rd party products and services through a client centric platform.
- Customises (and where required builds and designs) products and services based on client needs (as informed by client segments), ensuring scalability and reusability across segments and channels.
- Identifies new innovative solutions in line with the bank’s aspiration to become a platform organisation serving both financial services and non-financial services client needs.
- Ensures achievement of the financial and non-financial performance metrics required for client solutions in alignment with Client Solutions Group, country and Client Segment teams.
- Ensures that remedial actions are defined and implemented in collaboration with relevant segment and/or Country Heads.
Risk, Reg, Prudential and Compliance
- Ensures overall risk management and adherence to all regulatory and governance standards for the continued sustainability of the client solutions.
- Verifies that the design and development of solutions are achieved within prudent market risk and conduct parameters.
- Develops appropriate recovery and resolution plans to protect solutions from any untoward event.
- Drives satisfactory audits and ensures that there are no repeat unsatisfactory findings as gauged by Group Internal Audit.
- Manages operational risk losses within prescribed tolerance levels.
- Sets the example and leads the team in line with the Group’s leadership identity, core values and People Promise.
- Enables integrated ways of working and collaboration across the value chain to deliver for the client.
- Inspires the team to deliver on the Group’s shared purpose and instilling a culture which enables the Group to evolve into a client led platform organisation.
- Ensures alignment to the People and Culture standards with regards to all employee-related matters.
- Provides input into talent strategy developed by People and Culture.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the People and Culture function.
Behavioural competency 1
Developing Strategies: This competency includes facets of behaviour such as being visionary and establishing effective plans that take into consideration long-term aspects. This competency also includes the need for individuals to focus on identifying trends
Behavioural competency 2
This competency emphasises the empowerment of others which includes encouraging others, motivating as well as inspiring them.
Behavioural competency 3
The greater the number of alternative ideas or solutions generated, the greater the probability of finding a good solution. This competency is about how fluent an individual is at generating ideas, the number of ideas they generate and how confident they are in their ability to generate unusual ideas or favour radical solutions. This is further enhanced by the extent to which an individual enjoys the creative process.
Behavioural competency 4
This competency, in the context of organisations is concerned with the extent to which individuals accept challenges and change as well as the extent to which individuals cope well with uncertainty. Accepting change and coping with uncertainty can enhance one’s ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances, which is an ability of increasing importance in an ever more dynamic business environment.
Behavioural competency 5
This competency is about ensuring that tasks are completed within the given timeframe. Behaviours that are emphasised in this competency include working at a fast pace, maintaining productivity and multi-tasking.
Behavioural competency 6
This competency is about the pace at which individuals are prepared to make decisions, as well as their willingness to take responsibility for their decisions when under pressure. It also deals with the extent to which individuals are definite about their views and opinions.
Behavioural competency 7
This competency is about the behaviours an individual should employ in order to effectively engage people, establish positive personal contact and improve the likelihood of maintaining positive relationships. This competency is therefore about putting people at ease, making friends and helping people feel welcome.
Behavioural competency 8
This is about the extent to which individuals can remain calm under pressure and maintain poise before and during important events. As such, the competency addressed in this document is concerned with the extent to which individuals show behaviours that lead to the effective handling of pressurised situations.
Behavioural competency 9
Behaviours that are emphasised to develop this competency include listening to others, understanding why people behave the way that they do and showing empathy.
Behavioural competency 10
The behaviours related to “Pursuing Goals” include the extent to which individuals are ambitious, are driven to achieve results and are persevering in the face of adversity.
Behavioural competency 11
This competency is about helping others to feel that they are worthwhile and important. The behaviours emphasised in developing this competency are trusting and tolerating others as well as showing consideration.
Automotive, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, and Staffing and Recruiting